Iconic Silver Paint Thread

da_jokker

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee XJ
Clubs

For me, I started with A51 ... until I saw that it was a powder blue in the light. Then I contemplated Cactus until I saw it was mint in the Light. Toss on all the concerns with grey hard tops vs black door handles... and Silver is a no brainer, unless you really like dark and dusty paint like Carbon Grey.

Sure Silver is safe, but it also is a great base to then accent with minor touches and accessories.

My_Bronco_Build.png

Advertisement

SeventyOne

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Clubs

For me, I started with A51 ... until I saw that it was a powder blue in the light. Then I contemplated Cactus until I saw it was mint in the Light. Toss on all the concerns with grey hard tops vs black door handles... and Silver is a no brainer, unless you really like dark and dusty paint like Carbon Grey.

Sure Silver is safe, but it also is a great base to then accent with minor touches and accessories.

My_Bronco_Build.png
That looks almost perfect, just wish we could get the painted fenders of OBX with squatch. Not crazy about the black fenders

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Funny enough, my wife’s old 2016 Nissan Rogue in a similar silver with black wheels and black accents looked seriously cool. The painted black top, mirror caps and grill of the wildtrak in silver is a good looking vehicle. I imagine black hood graphics will make it look even better.

McQueen

Big Bend
First Name
marty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford f150 crew cab 4x4/2000 Jeep Wrangler
I own a silver 2015 F150. Went to the dealer today to look at iconic silver on a explorer. The silver on my F150 can’t hold a candle to the new iconic silver. The new silver is a richer more deep color. My choice will definitely be iconic silver big bend with red trim interior. Hopefully on the interior.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Did anyone notice the color matched roof here?

1598906987193.png
Is this CGI? I’m asking because the Iconic Silver in this pic looks fantastic, a nice light, liquid metal. I see colorizer and think it looks boring. I may need to take another trip to the local dealer to see Iconic.

MVP

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Is this CGI? I’m asking because the Iconic Silver in this pic looks fantastic, a nice light, liquid metal. I see colorizer and think it looks boring. I may need to take another trip to the local dealer to see Iconic.

This is the best view of Iconic Silver I have seen. After this I was completely sold.

5280Bronco

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2005 Volvo V70R
Clubs

As far as i know, it's cgi, but it does look great. IS is now leading the pack for what color we will order or big bend in.

duder2233

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX
I had a 2006 Focus ST that was silver. I loved, as someone pointed out early on in this thread, that it was great how well it hid being dirty. Totally the opposite of my metallic dark grey WRX (probably similar to carbonized grey offered for the Bronco). Up until recently I was totally gung-ho about going the Area 51 route, but the more and more I think about it the more I think silver may be in my future.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
LOVE the IS for the 2-door...ideally with a matching body-color top and a Grabber Blue stripe package

1599187767519.png

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, babysitting a v8 4runner
If you actually want to go off road, what finish will hold up better? Silver and white won’t show pinstriping as much as a black, red, or grey. Metallics are harder to blend. Tri-coat, yikes. Even though Iconic Silver is likely a metallic finish, it should hold up as well as any option

Lonestar777

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

I've been thinking a lot about a BaseSquatch lately, and if I go with that I'll probably do Iconic Silver since Cactus Gray isn't an option on Base.

Advertisement

Advertisement