First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, squarebody suburban, Chevy 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope i am posting this in the appropriate place. My name is Devin I should be taking delivery of my bronco next week or the following. I realize this is a subjective question but would love any input. When taking delivery is there anything in particular I should be looking for. Also anything you wish you would have done differently when picking yours up. Are there any accessories that you wish you would have had prior to pick up. All answers welcome even potential break in procedures outside of what the manual states. This will be for a 4 door badlands manual with dual tops. Thanks in advance for your replies!
Sponsored

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I’m not sure what your car dealership is like but buying a car is an emotional roller coaster experience. Be prepared for the shell game if you are financing through the dealer, they might try to upsell you on warranty’s, paint/upholstery protection, a dealer markup etc. there are some slime bag dealers out there so be prepared for it. They know you really want your rig and would do anything to take it home.
I will work out the exact purchase price and bring in a cashiers check from my bank….this will avoid any delivery day negotiations they want to pull.

or your dealer might be a normal person: you walk in, inspect your car, sign some papers and drive off in your brand new bronco!

The ocd expectant bronco owner checklist covers lots of things. I will probably take that and edit it and send it to my dealer before I show up for delivery. This way the detail crew can check for everything I will look for, hopefully alleviate/resolve things I am looking for and expect before I sign off.

congrats on the adventures ahead.

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

These are the accessories I will purchase after my loan is approved….i will install these before I take it out of the garage:

Maxzina 8 piece floor/cargo mats
IAG mud flaps
IAG EZ step running boards
Bro Addict Hood Deflector
Screen display protector
Console cover (for my dogs claws )
Print version of the owners manual
Extra key fob

@RagnarKon has a good video of his top 5 must haves.

Tim in Castle Rock

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco (on order), Shelby GT350, Mach E, Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First, enjoy the experience! It should be fun for sure. Know what rates / financing you actually quality for. Don't go for the longest and cheapest payment. Visit various dealership websites (search for Ford Premium Care) to illustrate the cost of the Ford Extended Service Plans. You can go up to 10 years of coverage now - but not cheap. Skip any "third party" service contracts for sure. I'd suggest the Premium Care coverage backed by Ford - the best they have - or you can keep that cash in a separate account and "self insure". These vehicles are like a computer on wheels - driven outside and over lots of stuff, so I'd go with Premium Care. That's about it. You can add tons of accessories as time goes on. Enjoy!!!

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope i am posting this in the appropriate place. My name is Devin I should be taking delivery of my bronco next week or the following. I realize this is a subjective question but would love any input. When taking delivery is there anything in particular I should be looking for. Also anything you wish you would have done differently when picking yours up. Are there any accessories that you wish you would have had prior to pick up. All answers welcome even potential break in procedures outside of what the manual states. This will be for a 4 door badlands manual with dual tops. Thanks in advance for your replies!
I got my Bronco from an Iowa dealership called Granger, and the purchase there was smooth and painless. Otherwise be on guard, my Kia dealership was trying to tack on $400 VIN etching charges and other stuff. Be nice but firm, and double check the final invoice line by line!

Otherwise I'm not a fan of buying a bunch of stuff before finding out if you for real have a need. At least for any costly stuff, take the vehicle off-road a few times and see how it goes, then buy what you actually need.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked my salesman to ensure that the front license plate bracket was not installed because I didn't want holes drilled in the painted front fascia. I got myself the Built Right Industries bracket for the modular bumper. If this is a concern be sure you voice it before it is received by the dealer and prepped.

OP
OP
Brune190

Brune190

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked my salesman to ensure that the front license plate bracket was not installed because I didn't want holes drilled in the painted front fascia. I got myself the Built Right Industries bracket for the modular bumper. If this is a concern be sure you voice it before it is received by the dealer and prepped.
Fortunately Florida does not require front license plates!

OP
OP
Brune190

Brune190

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my Bronco from an Iowa dealership called Granger, and the purchase there was smooth and painless. Otherwise be on guard, my Kia dealership was trying to tack on $400 VIN etching charges and other stuff. Be nice but firm, and double check the final invoice line by line!

Otherwise I'm not a fan of buying a bunch of stuff before finding out if you for real have a need. At least for any costly stuff, take the vehicle off-road a few times and see how it goes, then buy what you actually need.
I have had plans to look over the agreement very closely. Fortunately my dealer is accepting my X plan too.

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I asked the dealer for the “out the door cost/price” ; in other words….how much money do I need to bring to the table to take possession and drive home.
Dealer explained it’s MSRP+ doc fee $499 and paint/upholstery protection for $699. He says these are not negotiable for reasons x y z. I’ll pay it, just give me the keys Lisa!

I will get a check for the out the door cost less my $1000 deposit.

your dealer should be able to tell you an out the door price if you ask for it. It shouldn’t be a gray area or some nebulous number.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With ONE exception FIRST: if you will be offroading rough terrain or doing any level of rock crawling, get under body armor of your choosing installed. I've been on numerous treks with Bronco groups and all the issues I've seen ruin people's day from sand duning to rock crawling would have been avoided with under body armor.
Sponsored