Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had a few cars with one spot monitoring, and every single one of them, If you turn your blinker on and there's something in your blind spot, it alert you with a noise/alarm/sound in addition to the normal lighting up of some sort of indicator.

I accidentally cut someone off the other day because I didn't catch the small orange light in my side mirror as I changed lanes and it made me aware that my Bronco's BLIS is silent.

The Bronco makes noise for about EVRRYTHING... I find it hard to believe that it doesn't for BLIS.

Tried looking through the settings, and couldn't find anything.

Just trying to confirm if this is normal?
Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™ve only had an alert when backing up. For changing lane If the light is on and you hit the blinker the blis light flashed rapidly.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™ve only had an alert when backing up. For changing lane If the light is on and you hit the blinker the blis light flashed rapidly.
Yeah...but no sound? My Bronco yells at me if I get out with the keys while it's running.... It alerts me if my kid in the backseat unbuckles... It lets me know if there's something too close in front of me, too close behind me.. It's just constantly beeping... And yet what I actually need to know is when I go to change lanes if there's someone in my blind spot...and yet all I get is a small flashing light in a passenger mirror that is a all the way across and outside my rainy window.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I havent thought about this but you are correct... they have an annoying damn warning for everything else. why not this??

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I havent thought about this but you are correct... they have an annoying damn warning for everything else. why not this??
My 2022 pathfinder beeps when something is in your blind spot and itā€™s pretty annoying. It does it while youā€™re turning through intersections if there are two turn lanes because you have your blinker on and someone in the lane next to you. Maybe itā€™s the refinement of it, but I donā€™t understand the need.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It definitely beeps for the cross traffic alert. I think it only beeps on the blind spot if you start moving in that direction.

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every Ford I've driven with BLIS just rapid flashes the light when there's someone there. Never had any of them beep at me anyways. Driven a Mustang, Explorer and now Bronco with it. If it beeped at me, you can be sure I'd be turning that noise off. I live near DC so tight merges are not... uncommon.

I don't get a ton of beeping otherwise. Every once in a while when I'm backing out of a sloped driveway or near a curb, but that's really about it.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well that's a bummer. I mean I get how it can bother some of you, but it only does it when you turn your blinker on (well I mean in all other cars).

So someone can be in your blind spot, the light can be on, but until you turn the blinker on (and to the correct side) It stays quiet.

I'm just really surprised especially since Ford focus is so much on safety and nanny aids.

Guess I'll have to retrain my habits to really focus on the little orange lights in the mirrors!

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It definitely beeps for the cross traffic alert. I think it only beeps on the blind spot if you start moving in that direction.
Now that's one thing I haven't tried. I'll have to pay some attention and see.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you do the test? Does it beep at you when you start moving in that direction?

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you do the test? Does it beep at you when you start moving in that direction?
Pretty sure it does not make any sounds, ever unfortunately.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well I would assume that if you are changing lanes on a busy highway that you should be paying attention to the cars around you rather than relying on safety features. Donā€™t get me wrong I see your point but Iā€™m tired of all these features to be honest cause in my opinion they are making drivers lazy and reliant on them. Anyway, maybe try to use lane tracking or whatever itā€™s called and see if that alerts you when a car is in your blind spot before changing lanes into it. As for myself I am trying to get used to the indicators on the mirrors but still check to make sure Iā€™m clear.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The visibility out of my Bronco (4 Dr) rearward and to the sides is the best of any car I have owned. I do have BLIS and use it as a secondary ā€œcomfortā€ check. Iā€™ve never heard it make any noise.