Sponsored

Is this why 360 camera doesn't have a sentry mode?

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The CNET article, IIRC, mentioned additional hardware being required for onboard image processing and machine vision. The Bronco's SYNC 4 system runs QNX, an embedded system OS written by Blackberry, and only packs 256MB of ram and some lightweight processor.

Future versions are supposed to run Android, and would need at least a smartphone SoC to do so. I'd bet the hardware they choose for that would be capable of running some decent machine vision/ML to support something like Canopy.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so they can charge you extra to add the feature later

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The CNET article, IIRC, mentioned additional hardware being required for onboard image processing and machine vision. The Bronco's SYNC 4 system runs QNX, an embedded system OS written by Blackberry, and only packs 256MB of ram and some lightweight processor.

Future versions are supposed to run Android, and would need at least a smartphone SoC to do so. I'd bet the hardware they choose for that would be capable of running some decent machine vision/ML to support something like Canopy.

From a tech perspective this is actually quite interesting to me.. I would figure they can remote-in via a high end smart phone though.

For example; you can play Playstation 4 games on your phone from anywhere so long as the Ps4 is connected to wifi (don't quote me). The Ps4 acts as the engine and the phone simply becomes a television. I would imagine something similar is possible for this application
Sponsored