Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Bronco, 79 928
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am having intermittent issues with my front and rear camera. Sometimes front does not work, sometimes rear does not work, and sometimes neither works. I took it to the dealer and they said that the problem was caused by dirty lenses. I am a little skeptical that a dirty lens would cause the camera to not work at all. They still have the Bronco while they try to work out a funny noise and vibration I'm getting, but I don't want to pick it up and have to bring it back for the cameras again a second time if I don't have to. FYI they usually work, but every couple of days one or both of them won't work and 10 minutes later (or even 2) they will. Anyone heard of anything like this? Anybody ever had the same problem fixed by cleaning the lens? Suggestions for what I should tell my service advisor?

Ford Bronco Issues with front and rear camera image0
Ford Bronco Issues with front and rear camera image1
Ford Bronco Issues with front and rear camera image2
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am having intermittent issues with my front and rear camera. Sometimes front does not work, sometimes rear does not work, and sometimes neither works. I took it to the dealer and they said that the problem was caused by dirty lenses. I am a little skeptical that a dirty lens would cause the camera to not work at all. They still have the Bronco while they try to work out a funny noise and vibration I'm getting, but I don't want to pick it up and have to bring it back for the cameras again a second time if I don't have to. FYI they usually work, but every couple of days one or both of them won't work and 10 minutes later (or even 2) they will. Anyone heard of anything like this? Anybody ever had the same problem fixed by cleaning the lens? Suggestions for what I should tell my service advisor?

Good morning, Chad! I would be glad to help you out with these camera concerns if you like. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!