Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally was able to get out and put a few miles on the trails with the @JcrOffroad Summit bumper and X20 Gen2 winch. I've been waiting a while to do dumb shit off-road aggressively until I had a way to self recover, and this was the first weekend I've been able to get out on a spur of the moment trip. Windrock Off Road park, a place that @BoMiltenberger and I have hit up before, was having a mountain bike competition this weekend so I took a back trail that I hadn't been on before to stay clear of all of the other people in the hills. It wasn't the most aggressive route out there, but there definitely were a few technical sections that would be ill-advised to skinny pedal your way through.

Ford Bronco JCR Summit Bumper and Smittybilt X20 Gen2 Winch First Use IMG_2825

Good front shot of the winch and bumper. I like how it's tucked up nice and high. The Lux package sensors are just held in their grommits with friction and I was surprised to see that they didn't seem to shift at all.

Ford Bronco JCR Summit Bumper and Smittybilt X20 Gen2 Winch First Use IMG_2839

All in all a beautiful day to be out.

Ford Bronco JCR Summit Bumper and Smittybilt X20 Gen2 Winch First Use IMG_2833

Here was the best chance I had to use the front end on this trail. There's an ATV sized rock on the back passenger side and, although you can't tell in this shot, the rocks are angled steeply down towards the camera POV. I was slipping off of the rocks and I was concerned that if I slid down the left hand side too far I would basically high-center the truck.
I ended up tying to a tree off camera and just used it as an anchor to keep my front end from sliding around on the muddy rocks. When I gave it the beans my back end slid down the rocks but thanks to the winch my front didn't go anywhere. No issues once I regained traction and I popped right up, but I definitely thought for a second I was going off that edge and having a problem.

When I got back I took a look at the winch plate and rest of the bumper construction. Surprise surprise, I didn't find any problems with welds or fit. All in all I'm pretty pleased with the setup and looking forward to putting it through its' paces in the future.
Sponsored

Last edited: