Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just updated my original post with the aftermath.
UPDATE:
After further inspection we found that the spare tire mount popped in and back out of the rear door causing a couple barely visible dents in the door. The collision center took the door apart, took out the dents and repainted the back and it’s good as new. About $700 in damage that was covered by the other insurance company.
Very good to hear.

Given my experiences of being rear-ended more times than I care to count, that was my biggest concern about how durable this vehicle would be, especially with the spare tire sticking out farther aft than the rear bumper.

From this and other accounts, the Bronco seems to be turning out to be an exceptionally durable vehicle.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why? There's no chance it's going to make your vehicle safer, just let insurance handle it.
In this accident that device could have saved his tailgate completely. It was designed for rear end impacts to help reduce the force. Obviously not everything is preventable but I drive for a living and I see low speed rear end collisions all the time.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've actually had this product in a few of my cars in the past. Works quite well by "pulsing" the 3rd brake light to get driver's attention and they claim it reduces rear end collisions. I may look into getting it on the Bronco. https://pulseprotects.com/product-info/

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In this accident that device could have saved his tailgate completely. It was designed for rear end impacts to help reduce the force. Obviously not everything is preventable but I drive for a living and I see low speed rear end collisions all the time.
I would rather the tailgate and bumper crumple as intended vs the force being transferred directly to the vehicle frame.

Also it's less safe for the striking vehicle as well. There's a reason it's illegal to drive with hitches and accessories like that in many locations.
Sponsored