First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Would love to hear feedback on the preference of installation for the KC HiLiTES pro6 gravity light bar to the auxiliary switches. Drill passenger side through interior or under rubber driver side?
Sponsored

SCADABronx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Under the rubber worked well for me. It's a sticky, tarry mess, but has little chances of leaking over the years. I used some tar tape to reseal around the KC cable where it enters between the seal and windshield frame. I had tried to drill a hole and struggled with my drill bits on the hardened steel. So I looked for alternatives and found the under-seal method in a Ford Tech guide.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Would love to hear feedback on the preference of installation for the KC HiLiTES pro6 gravity light bar to the auxiliary switches. Drill passenger side through interior or under rubber driver side?

Rheldar

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2-Door BL, '14 Frontier Pro-4x, '22 Tesla Y
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran the power cable for mine down the edge of the windshield on the driver side and under the plastic trim at the base of the mirror to connect with the upfitter switch wires in the engine bay. There's enough space between the windshield and the A pillar to tuck a cable. Could even use a thin strip of VHB tape if you're worried about it moving.

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran mine through the weatherstrip seal and down the drain portion of the door seal I guess it’s called.
Ford Bronco KC Hilites Pro 6 Gravity Bar Install preference IMG_0710
Ford Bronco KC Hilites Pro 6 Gravity Bar Install preference IMG_0711

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran the power cable for mine down the edge of the windshield on the driver side and under the plastic trim at the base of the mirror to connect with the upfitter switch wires in the engine bay. There's enough space between the windshield and the A pillar to tuck a cable. Could even use a thin strip of VHB tape if you're worried about it moving.
giphy.gif

Sponsored
OP
OP
GillyMan

GillyMan

Everglades
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I end up doing the clean version, drill a hole through the passenger side, pull down the orange and brown wire and connected it to the red wire from KC, then ran the black ground wire down the edge of the windshield tucked behind the trim. Now just looking for a grounding spot. Anyone else notice that the brackets on top or backwards from what they show?

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any pictures of this? I've been pondering KC lights a lot lately. Started with a BD pocket kit, but thinking about switching everything out to KC.

Rheldar

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2-Door BL, '14 Frontier Pro-4x, '22 Tesla Y
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any pictures of this? I've been pondering KC lights a lot lately. Started with a BD pocket kit, but thinking about switching everything out to KC.
Added some photos. Used bonded pair marine wire to make the connections with plugs on either end. Literally just tucks between the edge of the windshield and the A-pillar. I didn't do a full loom wrap on it since I'm about to install a Gobi rack over the weekend (just delivered today) and this was semi-temporary. All it really needs to hide is a wrap to cover the red wire and maybe a piece of VHB on either end to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

I heavily hesitate to use the upfitter wire at the top of the passenger side like GillyMan did as I don't believe the gauge of the wire will properly handle what the KC bar is going to need. And I didn't want to drill into my truck anywhere that wasn't absolutely necessary.

photo_2023-06-05_13-07-51.jpg

photo_2023-06-05_13-07-47.jpg

photo_2023-06-05_13-07-39.jpg

OP
OP
GillyMan

GillyMan

Everglades
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I went clean as possible. I ended up drilling a quarter inch hole through the passenger side and the soft part with the bracket covers. Then if you pull back the trim on the roof next to it, there's a ground screw for the negative. You don't have to run along windshield. It works great. What it was made for. Not a Jeep... not running wire on exterior of windshield.

jflores

Black Diamond
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 FJ Cruiser, 94 F150, 07 Corolla w/almost 340k
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I end up doing the clean version, drill a hole through the passenger side, pull down the orange and brown wire and connected it to the red wire from KC, then ran the black ground wire down the edge of the windshield tucked behind the trim. Now just looking for a grounding spot. Anyone else notice that the brackets on top or backwards from what they show?
So far so good hooking up to the orange and brown wire? I’m about to install mine and was planning to use this method?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs