First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I searched the forum for for Keyfob issues and didn't find anything quite like what I am having.

Just got my Bronco, The keyfob works fine until I park it outside for 2-3 hours then the display shows no keyfob, the doors won't automatically unlock with proximity (though the buttons still work). I have to start the vehicle by using the work around placing the fob in the designated spot between the seats (at which time the no keyfob alert comes up). I can also wait for 2-3 minutes and the vehicle will recognize the keyfob at that time.

This doesn't happen when I park it overnight in the garage or anytime that I have had it sitting less than an hour.

Has anyone else had this issue? I don't know much about the software updates but it is strange to me that I can't start my Bronco regularly unless I have been sitting in the vehicle for a few minutes then it starts just fine.
Sponsored

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I searched the forum for for Keyfob issues and didn't find anything quite like what I am having.

Just got my Bronco, The keyfob works fine until I park it outside for 2-3 hours then the display shows no keyfob, the doors won't automatically unlock with proximity (though the buttons still work). I have to start the vehicle by using the work around placing the fob in the designated spot between the seats (at which time the no keyfob alert comes up). I can also wait for 2-3 minutes and the vehicle will recognize the keyfob at that time.

This doesn't happen when I park it overnight in the garage or anytime that I have had it sitting less than an hour.

Has anyone else had this issue? I don't know much about the software updates but it is strange to me that I can't start my Bronco regularly unless I have been sitting in the vehicle for a few minutes then it starts just fine.
Just out of curiosity, have you had the same problem with your second key fob? Or tried your second key fob? If there is no issue with your second key fob, I’d say the issue is with your first key fob and I’d ask the dealer for a new one since it’s faulty.

Hope the solution is as simple as that.

OP
OP

jawico

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just out of curiosity, have you had the same problem with your second key fob? Or tried your second key fob? If there is no issue with your second key fob, I’d say the issue is with your first key fob and I’d ask the dealer for a new one since it’s faulty.

Hope the solution is as simple as that.
Unfortunately it happens with both, interestingly enough, today it only took about 15 seconds after getting in the bronco for it to recognize the key and start. Wierd. I’m thinking about swapping batteries in both fobs to see if new batteries solve it

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately it happens with both, interestingly enough, today it only took about 15 seconds after getting in the bronco for it to recognize the key and start. Wierd. I’m thinking about swapping batteries in both fobs to see if new batteries solve it
Yeah, I would definitely give that a shot. Otherwise, I’m sure it’ll need a trip to the dealer to get checked. Hopefully, they’d be able to figure it out.

Good luck! 🙂

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has been doing something similar. I changed the batteries yesterday, hopefully that solved it, but I'm parking it for a while, tired of not being able to trust it. Dealer tells me many do it, it's normal.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine says check for missing key all the time. As I look at the keys sitting in the console. Sometimes it even double honks while inside it. I’m starting to think it’s a timeout issue rather than a battery.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs