First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read a few older posts about this, but my experience is a little different.

I've had this happen multiple times where it'll start up and tell me the key fob isn't detected. I can still drive it.

I can also start the Bronco with my phone, so I thought maybe that was why I can still drive it? But I saw an older comment on a post that says it shouldn't be possible.

Has the issue for this been determined? I've had mine since August and have just passes 8,000 km.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mind definitely started doing this after some updates, but I was thinking maybe it could simply be be the batteries in the remotes now being 2+ years old. I have not swapped them to test.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've read a few older posts about this, but my experience is a little different.

I've had this happen multiple times where it'll start up and tell me the key fob isn't detected. I can still drive it.

I can also start the Bronco with my phone, so I thought maybe that was why I can still drive it? But I saw an older comment on a post that says it shouldn't be possible.

Has the issue for this been determined? I've had mine since August and have just passes 8,000 km.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know if it's all or some, but I believe the remotes have a "sleep" mode that occurs when it hasn't seen motion for a bit (It is to prevent people from grabbing the signal when you put your keys down).

I mean the first step of course would be to try the second remote or replace the battery...however there have been some people that will like put their keys in the center console when they get in and the Bronco was complaining that it couldn't detect the key.

Typically if it is in your paints, you are moving you legs enough while you're driving that it keeps it happy.

Oh..almost forgot, there IS a TSB for this problem where Ford replaces the receiver I think.

meh

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This just happened to me. The car didn’t respond to any key clicks - I had to unlock it and then start it with my phone and then after getting in and out of the car several times it worked.

My car has 250 miles on it….

Sponsored

Jonboy199

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello, I have similar issue. For me we were driving on the trails and the no key detected would show up. Took to the dealership, Dealership replaced the battery in vehicle. The issue came back 2 days later. Bronco is back at dealership sitting now for 5 days no answers. At one point I was told they are waiting for a master mechanic to look at the issue.

SquatchBronco

Badlands
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had the no key detected a few times. When it's on my purse strap sitting on the passenger floorboard.
I also just had the key fob not work for the 2nd time last night. Wouldn't unlock, lock, remote start or set panic. I had to go into the ap both times and then the key fob worked. I've only had my Bronco since end of August with 3200 miles on it.

Last edited:

Beachbum

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This just happened to me for the first time. Drove the Bronco 10 mins ago. Walked away without locking it and came back now it won't detect the key. I can remote start and also remote lock and unlock but can't drive it since the key won't detect. 30 miles from home so can't try my spare atm.

Update: So I was able to use the Center console passive key start option and that was a blessing. Just need to figure out if it's a key FOB battery or something else. Got home and now the FOB works. Going to replace both batteries anyhow.
Sponsored

Last edited: