First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It skips just like a scratched CD. Only while connected to my Bronco wired or wireless. You can’t stop it unless you break the connection. Reset radio. You just have to break the connection. And it’s not cell or WiFi service related. Anyone else?
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I only get skipping when I drive through areas with terrible cell service. I haven’t had the issue lately, but I turned off the video play with Spotify.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only get skipping when I drive through areas with terrible cell service. I haven’t had the issue lately, but I turned off the video play with Spotify.
I figured it was service. However I can drive across town, get home and WiFi connects and it’s still skips. Reset or shut down the Bronco. Come back later and it works fine going right back down the same roads. Only been happening the last 2 days.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait a minute. Just be looked. Phone has pending update. Apple usually works terrible when there is a pending update.

UncleTerry

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
It skips just like a scratched CD. Only while connected to my Bronco wired or wireless. You can’t stop it unless you break the connection. Reset radio. You just have to break the connection. And it’s not cell or WiFi service related. Anyone else?
Haven’t had this with CarPlay but this happens occasionally with my chromecast on the tv. Always thought maybe there’s some interference with the wifi but that wouldn’t explain it doing it over wired.

Only CarPlay issue I have is it just doesn’t connect at all sometimes. CarPlay issues seem vast and random.

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haven’t had this with CarPlay but this happens occasionally with my chromecast on the tv. Always thought maybe there’s some interference with the wifi but that wouldn’t explain it doing it over wired.

Only CarPlay issue I have is it just doesn’t connect at all sometimes. CarPlay issues seem vast and random.
So I figured out that if I plug my phone into the usb before I turn the car fully on it won’t always connect to Car Play, but if I let the car start up and then plug in I have no issues. It’s weird.

UncleTerry

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I figured out that if I plug my phone into the usb before I turn the car fully on it won’t always connect to Car Play, but if I let the car start up and then plug in I have no issues. It’s weird.
I never directly plug in anymore as I mounted a wireless charger, and it still messes up sometimes. CarPlay just seems like a slot machine.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you have wireless enabled on theninfotainment, go into your settings and disable it and try using wired only for a while to see if it improves.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never directly plug in anymore as I mounted a wireless charger, and it still messes up sometimes. CarPlay just seems like a slot machine.
Never in our 2 VW’s. Works flawless and instant.
Sponsored