Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your hook up a light bar with daytime running lights capability attached to the auxiliary switch, would the daytime running lights work without the aux switch turned on or would there need to be another switch involved? I’m admittedly very green when it comes to this kind of stuff. Thanks.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A light bar probably isn't Street legal..

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A light bar probably isn't Street legal..
I think he is talking about the backlights that some of the new aftermarkets bars have. As in can you run those with only one switch or do you need two to make them work. Good question for @4x4TruckLEDs.com

Sponsored

First2GoLast2No

Big Bend
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If your hook up a light bar with daytime running lights capability attached to the auxiliary switch, would the daytime running lights work without the aux switch turned on or would there need to be another switch involved? I’m admittedly very green when it comes to this kind of stuff. Thanks.
Did you find the answer you’re looking for? I too have been wondering things? I receive my Bronco in two weeks and wonder if I install everything to one Aux or put the DRL on a separate AUX?

OP
OP
C_Copperpot225

C_Copperpot225

Badlands
First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you find the answer you’re looking for? I too have been wondering things? I receive my Bronco in two weeks and wonder if I install everything to one Aux or put the DRL on a separate AUX?
No. Sure haven’t.

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming that you are asking about the backlight feature, you need to think about it as two separate lights. There is power to the backlight, which you are considering as the "running lights," and there is power to the light bar itself. You simply tap into the running lights power to trigger the relay on for the backlight. Then run the power to the high intensity light bar through the Aux 1 switch. The lights will operate independently.
Most likely, you will receive a wiring harness for the complete setup, which will make it difficult and confusing. You could use the harness and use the Aux 1 switch (yellow wire) to power the harness relay for the light bar and tap into the running light circuit per the instructions. The cleanest install, would be to use a relay harness for the running lights only and use the Ford factory wiring for the light bar.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there documentation anywhere for where to access the DRL power?

Tents+Tread

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco - Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there documentation anywhere for where to access the DRL power?
I have temporary wired my LP9 backlights to a switch.
I haven’t found a confident answer on where the DRL wire is to tap, however you could get a fuse tap and wire it to a fuse that comes on with ignition then backlights would be on anytime the truck is on

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So the Baja Designs S8 bars have little amber lights inside people use for DRL. It's not the entire bar just a few amber lights. It's activated from a 2nd wire/switch. You could wire that to another upfitter OR wire it to your fuse panel to one of the circuits that comes on when your truck does.

If you don't wire it to a switch, it's just not going to turn on but the light bar would still function if hooked up to a switch

Ford Bronco Light bar with drl question 1645476614597

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have temporary wired my LP9 backlights to a switch.
I haven’t found a confident answer on where the DRL wire is to tap, however you could get a fuse tap and wire it to a fuse that comes on with ignition then backlights would be on anytime the truck is on
Thanks. After reading a little more it seems like most people are wiring to an aux switch and leaving it on “permanently.” That does seem a little wasteful of the switch though

Tents+Tread

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco - Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. After reading a little more it seems like most people are wiring to an aux switch and leaving it on “permanently.” That does seem a little wasteful of the switch though
Ya I'm doing that until I can get to AutoZone tomorrow for a fuse tap, then that will be my new temp solution until someone can answer how to tap the DRL line
Sponsored