Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone familiar with installing the 'long range antenna' for remote start,
Bronco part#ML3Z-19A404=A?

I understand Ford has offered these on other builds for awhile.

I prefer to install this on my own, assuming it is not a big deal.
Sponsored

Mulligan

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Old thread but did you ever find any info on this?

I just picked up my Bronco last week and I bought the long range kit thinking it would be easy to install myself… but I can’t find where it’s supposed to plug into the VSS and you’re supposed to run it through the A pillar, headlined and place the sensor behind the rear view which even with trim tools always make me nervous I’m going to break off a snap when removing the trim.

I have the app but sometimes not having to mess with the phone and just use the key fob is easier, plus then my wife can use it with her fob.

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, unfortunately it was never addressed/completely ghosted by my local dealer... I was never helped. The 'service manager' actually said it could not be done!
But recently - I did see on the ford parts site I could order it and pay to have it installed by a different dealer 1 hour away....so I may go that route yet...looking into aftermarket alarm options and this antenna would pair nicely with an upgraded security system.

GLOCK10MM

Raptor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2015 & 2004 2500 CUMMINGS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please keep us advised ! I'm very interested in this also. Thanks
🥃

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Starting with a Ravelco... https://www.ravelco.com ordered last week. Hopefully I can figure out how to install it correctly on my own. If not - I will enlist a friend with more tech ability than myself.
Then I hope to add an additional security system made by Viper thru a local alarm installer. The manufacturer does say it will work in the 6G Broncos...🥃🥃...that may be a day for two.

update 4/4/23: I did have an local alarm installer put in the Ravelco... Works great & recommended passive security device. Next security step will be the long range antenna install by a Ford dealer. At that point, will likely add the Viper to further frustrate/slow down the thievin' tweekers from easily getting away with the Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited: