Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all,

I've been reading and learning from this Forum for quite some time and it's been a great resource.
I have a 4 door, Hard Top, Shadow Black, Leather, Badlands, 2.7 Lux, Sasquatch on order. Reservation converted in Feb 2021.
In production since April 7.

What's interesting to me (maybe not to everyone) is I reached out to Ford to find out why I was still in production yesterday. In the past they have been very informative. For instance, they told me I had a VIN and original build date before my dealer. However, this time they basically had me on hold to tell me to call my dealer. Using the Tracking Post from this forum I set out to see if I had any Modules populated. I do indeed.

I proceeded to email my dealer. He informed me that my order had a chip hold on it and my delivery due date has passed.

I've read about Ice/Dirt mountain and the pile up of Broncos without chips, but it surprised me that they have continued chip shortages for the post pile up production. My understanding is they have started shipping the mountain Broncos without crucial chips. Has anyone else discovered their recent in-production build on chip hold?
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello all,

I've been reading and learning from this Forum for quite some time and it's been a great resource.
I have a 4 door, Hard Top, Shadow Black, Leather, Badlands, 2.7 Lux, Sasquatch on order. Reservation converted in Feb 2021.
In production since April 7.

What's interesting to me (maybe not to everyone) is I reached out to Ford to find out why I was still in production yesterday. In the past they have been very informative. For instance, they told me I had a VIN and original build date before my dealer. However, this time they basically had me on hold to tell me to call my dealer. Using the Tracking Post from this forum I set out to see if I had any Modules populated. I do indeed.

I proceeded to email my dealer. He informed me that my order had a chip hold on it and my delivery due date has passed.

I've read about Ice/Dirt mountain and the pile up of Broncos without chips, but it surprised me that they have continued chip shortages for the post pile up production. My understanding is they have started shipping the mountain Broncos without crucial chips. Has anyone else discovered their recent in-production build on chip hold?

Yes, it is a common production hold up for all Ford vehicles. Dealers wont have any other information than that. The best you can do is wait for an update on your ETA.

Your modules being populated is very good, meaning it is alive.

DapperDeeds

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company
Your Bronco Model
Base
Their emails/updates are just garbage and all over the place. I got my built email on 4/20 and got really excited... Until I called my dealer on my delivery date to get an update. On the order track site its showing my modules active and you can scroll for days... but he said my bronco was on a chip hold and the "new etd was the week of 23rd." FYI - I went with the base to avoid all these chip delays/holds but I guess we're all subject to it. I dont believe anything coming from these updates or Ford at this point and am starting to think this was a bad decision. Good luck to all of us stuck on hold 🍻
Sponsored