Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yo Bronco Peeps,

Just wanted to say hello, thank everyone for the great content on this forum and introduce myself as the newest VIN # assignee.. called dealer today to see if there was any update since we last spoke (when I added HOSS 3.0) and she told me I now had a vin, was a scheduled for production week of 5/5, that I should I have received an email from Ford explaining this (I didnā€™t of course) and it was time to start ordering my aftermarket parts.

Been a long time coming with more frustration than excitement but dare I say Iā€™m starting to get stoked. Itā€™s a CG WT High Package with MIC top, Hoss 3.0 and Tow Packag Trying to decide between Method, Icon and Fuel wheels [bronze], and if I should lift for 37ā€™s or stick with 35s. Any strong opinions on any of those? Live in a small mountain town and havenā€™t seen hardly any broncos in the wild. As for wheels Iā€™ve had Methods before and no complaints other than their lugs rust.

For whatever itā€™s worth, I'm a long time bronco guy. My first car in 98 was a white 88 bronco lifted with swampers. Sadly, not long after, I got caught drinking and driving (after a few stern warnings) and my folks downsized me to a bronco II, which I drove in shame until I could save up for a truck in college. Have now driven trucks through adulthood as my primary vehicle but have almost always had a project ride too, including a 77 bronco, 78 scout, and a 93 bronco.

Cheers
Sponsored

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats!! I also added HOSS 3.0 and hoping Iā€™ll get good news tomorrow that sheā€™s going into production!

Post up pics when you get her and show off those rims!

OP
OP
PowderHound

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congrats!! I also added HOSS 3.0 and hoping Iā€™ll get good news tomorrow that sheā€™s going into production!

Post up pics when you get her and show off those rims!
Hereā€™s rooting for you.. getting a VIN and into production is big milestone for sure though Iā€™m still far from confident theyā€™ll have all the chips theyā€™ll need for us!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welcome! Looks like you might be a skier or snowboarder as well. If so, we have two things in common. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
PowderHound

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welcome! Looks like you might be a skier or snowboarder as well. If so, we have two things in common. :)
Yes sir, just actually got back from Valdez AK where we were heli skiing for almost a week! Best trip of my life

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Welcome to the crew! You'll love those HOSS 3.0's! There are a ton of options for getting those 37's on, feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions or need help understanding the lift pathways.

Cheers!

AJ

OP
OP
PowderHound

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welcome to the crew! You'll love those HOSS 3.0's! There are a ton of options for getting those 37's on, feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions or need help understanding the lift pathways.

Cheers!

AJ
Thanks and will do

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes sir, just actually got back from Valdez AK where we were heli skiing for almost a week! Best trip of my life
Love it. Iā€™m a long time skier and have taken more than a dozen heli trips into BC and stateside but never made it to AK. On my bucket list. Iā€™m 57 now but competed for more than a decade as freestyler in my youth. I can still hang on the heli/cat trips without slowing down my 24 year old son and his buddies . :)

You could say I like skis and have some fun powder skis. The skulls are 142mm at the waist(191cm long) and perfect for a heli trip. :)

Ford Bronco Lurker Intro 0565F126-F273-46FB-9173-77573E3DEEDE
Ford Bronco Lurker Intro B68D53D8-3CFA-482D-A092-C960AF911988

10CBD105-2369-479E-90A2-0F020340C3AC.jpeg

OP
OP
PowderHound

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love it. Iā€™m a long time skier and have taken more than a dozen heli trips into BC and stateside but never made it to AK. On my bucket list. Iā€™m 57 now but competed for more than a decade as freestyler in my youth. I can still hang on the heli/cat trips without slowing down my 24 year old son and his buddies . :)

You could say I like skis and have some fun powder skis. The skulls are 142mm at the waist(191cm long) and perfect for a heli trip. :)

Ford Bronco Lurker Intro 10CBD105-2369-479E-90A2-0F020340C3AC

Thats a helluva collection right there, LakeBum. Any affiliation with Ski Logic? And that is awesome you are still keeping up with your son.. Gotta say, my 39 year old legs were pretty haggard by day 4 in the heli. Between the physical exertion and the booze I was definitely feeling my age and then some. The vert you ski there is huge. Anyhow you gotta get to Valdez. Iā€™ve skied all over the world and nothing compares.. that maritime snow pack just sticks to everything! Would guess that the majority of our runs had at least one aspect with a > 50 degree pitch and having that sluff chasing you down the mountain is wild. Is going to be an annual trip for us from now on and I sure hope Im still able to charge when my two kids (2 and 6 months) are old enough to join in the fun.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats a helluva collection right there, LakeBum. Any affiliation with Ski Logic? And that is awesome you are still keeping up with your son.. Gotta say, my 39 year old legs were pretty haggard by day 4 in the heli. Between the physical exertion and the booze I was definitely feeling my age and then some. The vert you ski there is huge. Anyhow you gotta get to Valdez. Iā€™ve skied all over the world and nothing compares.. that maritime snow pack just sticks to everything! Would guess that the majority of our runs had at least one aspect with a > 50 degree pitch and having that sluff chasing you down the mountain is wild. Is going to be an annual trip for us from now on and I sure hope Im still able to charge when my two kids (2 and 6 months) are old enough to join in the fun.
A handful of my buddies that have been to Valdez have your exact sentiments. The last time they went I had a conflict with work but I'll get there in the next few years. I got turned onto Ski Logik by a Squaw Valley ski patrol buddy(we had a condo in Tahoe when we lived in CA for 20 years) and loved the design and peformance so much I started snapping them up whenever I could find on sale. As you know, they are out of business but just last week I bought another pair on ebay. Or should I say, stole them. I think they complete my Ski Logik quiver of having every model they made with a waist larger than 112mm. :)

Stay in shape and you will be surprised at how little you lose in your 40s and 50s. I'm still about 85% or more of where I was when I was at your age. You just have to be a little more fearful of injury and tone down the big air stuff as you age. I learned the hard way 10 years ago on a cat trip near Nelson BC doing a spinning trick off of a cliff on our last day. Torn ACL but I was a big cyclist at the time and did a 100 mile ride 60 days after surgery and was back on skis 9 months later. :)

Ford Bronco Lurker Intro Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 9.06.02 AM
Sponsored