Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I placed my order this week for a 4D- OBX, MIC top, high pac, Azure Gray with World Ford in Pensacola. However, another dealership told me that Ford wasn't taking orders at this time. Why would one dealership be able to submit an order, but another one couldn't?
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The order banks are still open for certain models. They just may not have allocations so ordering one may not get you one this year.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why would one dealership be able to submit an order, but another one couldn't?
Allocations.

Did you get a DORA from the dealer to confirm your order was submitted?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DORA would list all options on your order and agreed to price with dealer sign-off

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a DORA. If you were not given one, go ask your sales person for one.

7414F79D-E5C6-4F53-962A-F93AB1B43B33.jpeg

OP
OP
Wardognal

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is a DORA. If you were not given one, go ask your sales person for one.

Ford Bronco Intro and question 7414F79D-E5C6-4F53-962A-F93AB1B43B33
Yes I have a DORA. But that creates another question. The one you submitted indicates priority 10, mine indicates priority 19. What does that mean?

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes I have a DORA. But that creates another question. The one you submitted indicates priority 10, mine indicates priority 19. What does that mean?
19 is the default priority code. They place an order and don’t do anything else, or adjust it, it’ll be 19.
codes only matter for your place in line at that particular dealership.

ie if I ordered the same build as you today from the same dealer, and we both get scheduled next week, and I’m priority 10 and you’re 19, I’m gonna get built first. You can ask them to raise it, but either way, it’s a crap shoot. All comes down to dealer allocations. Nothing means anything until you get a VIN and a build date. You could wait a year after ordering to get a VIN, or a day (like me 👀), it’s a gamble. You could ask your dealer if they have allocation, but who knows if they’ll be truthful with you, and the same if you go to another dealer.
I would advise asking to raise your priority code to 10, and what their allocation for bronco builds looks like. If they have have a clue, they can do one and find out two easily.

OP
OP
Wardognal

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not in any rush. Just curious as to the protocals. This one is just for fun. Thanks for the info.

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
19 is the default priority code. They place an order and don’t do anything else, or adjust it, it’ll be 19.
codes only matter for your place in line at that particular dealership.

ie if I ordered the same build as you today from the same dealer, and we both get scheduled next week, and I’m priority 10 and you’re 19, I’m gonna get built first. You can ask them to raise it, but either way, it’s a crap shoot. All comes down to dealer allocations. Nothing means anything until you get a VIN and a build date. You could wait a year after ordering to get a VIN, or a day (like me 👀), it’s a gamble. You could ask your dealer if they have allocation, but who knows if they’ll be truthful with you, and the same if you go to another dealer.
I would advise asking to raise your priority code to 10, and what their allocation for bronco builds looks like. If they have have a clue, they can do one and find out two easily.
Been trying to figure this exact thing out. I ordered a fairly stripped down Black Diamond on 5/23. At that time, I got a my signed dora and a confirmation the same day. Found out a few days later that my dealer didn’t have any more 2 door allocations (but said I was “next in-line”). However, I’m at 19 priority code.

So if my build had less constraints than the dealer orders, that would mean my build would be picked up faster than theirs - even if mine is at a 19 priority code. Correct?

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Been trying to figure this exact thing out. I ordered a fairly stripped down Black Diamond on 5/23. At that time, I got a my signed dora and a confirmation the same day. Found out a few days later that my dealer didn’t have any more 2 door allocations (but said I was “next in-line”). However, I’m at 19 priority code.

So if my build had less constraints than the dealer orders, that would mean my build would be picked up faster than theirs - even if mine is at a 19 priority code. Correct?
I am unsure of how constraints play into the equation when the dealer does have a build allocation. I just know about the priority code because my sales guy walked me through it when I ordered. Maybe a question better suited for @JoshuaPrieto ?

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am unsure of how constraints play into the equation when the dealer does have a build allocation. I just know about the priority code because my sales guy walked me through it when I ordered. Maybe a question better suited for @JoshuaPrieto ?
Heck, I’m even wondering why I wasn’t placed at 99 priority code when the dealer didn’t have any more 2dr allocations. But they took my order like no problemo….

Weird. Just completely weird.
Sponsored