Sponsored

Lowball trade offers? Dealer didn't offer what my trade was worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

titaboxeo

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have to laugh at the posts complaining that the dealer "low-balled" them or "didn't offer what my trade was worth!"
In fact, the dealer offered you EXACTLY what it was worth TO THEM! That's called a market place. Willing buyer and seller. Free trade. Capitalism. Remember?

CARVANA and CARMAX are taking it on the chin and losing buckets of money because they paid a lot for cars/trucks that now, because of changing economic conditions, are now worth less.

Dealers make money by buying at wholesale and selling at retail. BOOKS DO NOT BUY CARS! If you think the "book" determines value, contact the publisher and ask if they will buy the car/truck for the value listed. Good luck!

If the dealer is not offering you enough for your trade, take your diamond and sell it elsewhere. List it, show it, worry about your customer getting it financed. All on your own dime and time.
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I took less than I should have on my Ranger because

1.) I did not have the time to mess with selling it myself
2.) did not feel like dealing with the logistics and Ford
3.) have watched the dealer panic and drop the price of the truck $3k in the last three weeks.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I traded my 2021 Bronco Sport in for my 4 door Big Bend the dealer initially only offered 28K. The price appraisal tool on the dealers website said value was 35-36k.

After some back and forth they gave me 31k for it. Not as much as I wanted but better then where it started. They ended up listing it for 35.5.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.