Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello to all from Atlanta, Georgia! Originally from Kansas. I've been lurking since 2017 just waiting to be disappointed by the Bronco to come and so far it looks like I absolutely need one, so I finally joined.

I had a 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Edition back in the year 2000. I installed Hedman Headers, Flowmaster mufflers, and a killer stereo with dual subwoofers. Good times!

Since then I've had a 1969 Chevy Camaro (had at same time as Bronco), 1974 Datsun 260Z, 1978 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser, 2008 and 2010 Toyota FJ Cruisers, 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X, 2008 Subaru STI hatchback, 2010 Subaru STI sedan, and currently daily a 2004 Subaru STI. And have had a few other less notable cars. ?
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those mid 2000’s STI’s are absolutely insane. Not really my cup of tea, but they are absurdly fast for what they are and what the competition was back then.

IMO pretty sad that they’ve let the new ones just completely stagnate.

Welcome on board!

OP
OP
RockEye

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those mid 2000’s STI’s are absolutely insane. Not really my cup of tea, but they are absurdly fast for what they are and what the competition was back then.

IMO pretty sad that they’ve let the new ones just completely stagnate.

Welcome on board!
Yeah, the new ones are more like a quick Toyota Camry. In 2004 the STI's performance was bonkers when it was released. They are relatively light weight, easily tunable, and without any traction control (besides AWD). Mine was tuned by TopSpeed Motorsports (now Cicio Performance), known for the fastest GTR's, so it runs well enough that I can get it into a 4 wheel slide whenever I want.

Thanks for the welcome!
Sponsored