First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone out and about either at Super Cel or a dealer event, can you try to get a video of a phone charging on the charging pad? One video I don't think we've seen, yet. Thanks.
Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone out and about either at Super Cel or a dealer event, can you try to get a video of a phone charging on the charging pad? One video I don't think we've seen, yet. Thanks.
I rode in the red 2 door badlands that had it, it was just a wireless charging pad in the front of the center console, driver had his phone in it, idk what phone but it was massive.

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I rode in the red 2 door badlands that had it, it was just a wireless charging pad in the front of the center console, driver had his phone in it, idk what phone but it was massive.
I recently sat in an OBX at my dealership's Bronco event and I placed my iPhone 12 Pro Max (Large one) in the wireless charging pad and it fit comfortable, even though I had my phone in an Otter Box case.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, what specifically are you looking to see? How big it is in relation to a phone? Or just how wireless charging works?

OP
OP
Fordfan88

Fordfan88

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, what specifically are you looking to see? How big it is in relation to a phone? Or just how wireless charging works?
Both would be nice, I'd read somewhere the Sport was having issues with its operation.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both would be nice, I'd read somewhere the Sport was having issues with its operation.
I also heard those complaints about the Sport...

I remember seeing a video somewhere that someone put their phone in the Automatic charging pad (I'm fairly certain it was from one of the dealer demo events)... I don't think we've seen a video of it on the Manual...

We definitely have not heard any "reviews" of its operation yet. I wouldn't really expect that until the review units make it out and embargo is lifted... though maybe a test driver at an event may let something slip if asked.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Pixel 5 fit in the 4 door auto (tray in front of the shifter) with plenty of room to spare. I don't think there is a phone on the market right now that wont fit in the tray.

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wireless apple carplay and android auto will actually make the wireless charging pad useful.

Have a wireless charger in my other vehicle WITHOUT wireless apple car play and it never gets used because my phone is always plugged in. It also means the passenger can't charge their phone if they're actually using it.

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wireless chargers are great but I prefer a dash mounted version and will most likely rarely use the built in charger. Its a great feature to have no doubt but I wouldn't suggest making a buying decision/upgrading for it alone. My 2 cents...

1) The design/location of the charger "well" on the Bronco will be quickly filled with pens, coins, etc.(at least in mine) meaning I'd have to either not use it as a dumping ground or remove things that I do put in there whenever I want to charge.
2) Technology changes quickly and although the charger will likely always charge your phone, in a few years the new phones and accompanying wireless chargers will be faster and possibly on a different connection protocol and charging interface.
3) I like having the phone up high so I can see it when needed and I'm less likely to forget my phone when I exit the vehicle.

That said, one negative I see with a dash charger would be when the top is off it would be easy to steal or be damaged if its not weatherproof. They are relatively inexpensive but I wouldn't want to be regularly purchasing new ones.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wireless chargers are great but I prefer a dash mounted version and will most likely rarely use the built in charger. Its a great feature to have no doubt but I wouldn't suggest making a buying decision/upgrading for it alone. My 2 cents...

1) The design/location of the charger "well" on the Bronco will be quickly filled with pens, coins, etc.(at least in mine) meaning I'd have to either not use it as a dumping ground or remove things that I do put in there whenever I want to charge.
2) Technology changes quickly and although the charger will likely always charge your phone, in a few years the new phones and accompanying wireless chargers will be faster and possibly on a different connection protocol and charging interface.
3) I like having the phone up high so I can see it when needed and I'm less likely to forget my phone when I exit the vehicle.

That said, one negative I see with a dash charger would be when the top is off it would be easy to steal or be damaged if its not weatherproof. They are relatively inexpensive but I wouldn't want to be regularly purchasing new ones.
I agree with you on #1. The lack of any real space on the Bronco means that spot will fill with other junk. Apple CarPlay makes the need to touch or see the phone obsolete though, at least for me.