Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy all,

I’m in the middle of installing an upgraded bumper and I went to remove the plastic piece that sits between the frame rails. (This is where the ACC module would sit if I had the lux package.) To my surprise there is a connector that’s actually connected to another socket. (See photo for general area)

Anyone happen to know if I can remove this piece and secure the plug elsewhere or well this cause the electronics to freak out? Also not sure if the levers are self adjusting or not 🤷‍♂️

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yes you can relocate it. Doing an ACC relocation requires just such a thing to be done With the wiring harness. Just be sure to plug back in whatever plug there is. That’s the automatic lower shutters if I recall.

Edit: if you were asking about removing the whole plastic piece, including the shutters I wouldn’t recommend that as it may affect cooling

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven’t removed my shutters, but I believe you have to leave the motor connected and just tuck it up out of the way to prevent any issues/warning messages. Moving any ACC connector that’s there won’t make a difference as you don’t have it to begin with.

OP
OP
Java9

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes you can relocate it. Doing an ACC relocation requires just such a thing to be done With the wiring harness. Just be sure to plug back in whatever plug there is. That’s the automatic lower shutters if I recall.

Edit: if you were asking about removing the whole plastic piece, including the shutters I wouldn’t recommend that as it may affect cooling
I was looking to see if moving the whole thing was feasible/smart. I can’t find too much about the shutters so I think it’s best I just leave that there. Especially since it doesn’t impact the fit at all, was just going to remove it for increased air flow. .
Sponsored