saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got done installing the rear dome light kit and the 4 piece kit. Much better than stock. And didn't have any of the issues others have been describing...door opens all lights come on...door closes and locks all lights go off
Sponsored

sage729

Big Bend
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Big Bend soft top, Area 51, non SAS, mid pack
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is exactly what I don't want. I'm not happy with the IAG set either. It looks like both the Mabett and IAG front seat lights mount right next to your head. So your head is blocking their light.

Looks like I'll be creating my own set and connecting them to one of the AUX switches.
Please post your solution when you figure it out. Thanks

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please post your solution when you figure it out. Thanks
I didn’t find that to be the case, unless your head goes to the very top of the car. The lights are at the top and in between the front and back seats. The light gets thrown around the cabin, so even if you were exceptionally tall I don’t think it would impair the light. Plus there’s no reason you can’t install the lights facing forward and backward from the left and right side of the roll bar. You’d just need to drill a small hole of the wire and the screw to attach it (or use 2x sided tape). I thought of doing just that, but decided to just use the normal installation. The camera overexposed the light, so it’s not as bright as the picture appears, but it is really bright and a huge improvement.

FAFBB4DF-0E8D-4021-998C-A8AD956550BF.jpeg

20339D36-F0AE-4AF7-8AA0-1700165D76D4.jpeg

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was having the same issue that others are posting on this thread. Lights work when I unlock the car with the remote or by pulling the door handle. But then the lights will not turn off upon starting the vehicle. Lights will stay on for about a minute and then will not work until the vehicle is turned off and locked with the remote.

Tried the lock, unlock, "button trick", lock, and unlock and it still did not work..

Tried the same sequence but with the remote and pressed the dash dimming buttons, then the overhead buttons, then lock and unlock on the remote and everything work fine for the moment... I wish I knew exactly what sequence worked.. I ordered another set from Amazon before figuring it out, thinking I had a bad unit.. I will continue to test over the next few days and update.

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guys, finally, after trying to contact the admin several times, I finally got my comment permission back. Mabett never forgets our customers I promose. I am always carefully reviewing and replying to every message @ me. I can't guarantee that this won't happen again. So if you try to mention me (@) but don't get a response, please PM me directly. I am always ready to serve you.

Sponsored

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone have the @Mabett instructions he deleted. My lights work only when I lock and unlock the door. If the door is unlocked they new mabett lights don't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Our lights are synchronized with the car's door sensing system. When you unlock the car door, the lights will turn on. When the door is closed and locked, the lights will turn off. Of course, you can also control it directly through the map light button.

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you please explain the proper sequence of buttons for the lights to work properly.
"The normal working sequence should be:
when you unlock and open the car door, the dome light turns on. After closing the car door and starting the engine, the dome light turns off.
As shown in the figure below, the button on the left is the map light button, which controls all the interior light.
The button on the right is the door sensing light button, which is blue when open and yellow when closed. When it is open, the dome light turns on when you open the car door and turns off when you close the car door. When it is closed, the interior dome light will not turn on or off with the opening and closing of the car door.
Ford Bronco Mabett’s new 4pc Interior light set and installation 1687161073981

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you to @goofyjar for providing very useful information. We have found through experiments that the interior dome light only works properly when the dashboard brightness is set to 100% with the headlights on. We are currently trying to figure out the reason for this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

goofyjar

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23BkDiamond 4Dr SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Mabett thank you for working with us to quickly resolve issues and improve these aftermarket solution's.
Your support and innovation is appreciated!

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Mabett thank you for working with us to quickly resolve issues and improve these aftermarket solution's.
Your support and innovation is appreciated!
I agree, @Mabett, you have spent a lot of time creating grate products and supporting the forum. Thanks for all the great work!!

McCrosky2004

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 SWR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Received lights on Sunday and installed today. Had to Sync. lights but seem to be working as they should. Thanks to the Forum/Mabet for helping with install tips.

After going to work early the past few days did notice the lights only turn off with dash lights on max.

Last edited:

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guys, finally, after trying to contact the admin several times, I finally got my comment permission back. Mabett never forgets our customers I promose. I am always carefully reviewing and replying to every message @ me. I can't guarantee that this won't happen again. So if you try to mention me (@) but don't get a response, please PM me directly. I am always ready to serve you.
Did the install of my second set today. Just like the first set it synced up without issues or the need for any gymnastics. And just like the first set when I first plugged it in one of the lights took a while to fire up. However, unlike the first set once it fired it kept coming and going properly (I could never get the 4th LED to work correctly on the first set, which I have since sent back to Amazon).

A few observations

1. The LED color does not match that of the rear Mabett light (which is more yellow)
  2. The isolation of the PCB could be better... way, way better. I live in San Diego, where metal tends to rust from the salty ocean air. Leaving a PCB exposed to the elements like this is not a good idea. I wrapped a few layers of electricians tape around the edges.
  3. Like others have notedI would have preferred to have the front LEDs mounted slightly further to the front. Not a big deal, perhaps something to consider for future revs
  4. The most annoying part of the install was fishing out the metal clips from the Mabett dome lights. At least on my light they are not secured in their mounting points and as you pry the light out they come off and fall off in that roll bar liner. Total PITA to get them out.

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did the install of my second set today. Just like the first set it synced up without issues or the need for any gymnastics. And just like the first set when I first plugged it in one of the lights took a while to fire up. However, unlike the first set once it fired it kept coming and going properly (I could never get the 4th LED to work correctly on the first set, which I have since sent back to Amazon).

A few observations

1. The LED color does not match that of the rear Mabett light (which is more yellow)
  2. The isolation of the PCB could be better... way, way better. I live in San Diego, where metal tends to rust from the salty ocean air. Leaving a PCB exposed to the elements like this is not a good idea. I wrapped a few layers of electricians tape around the edges.
  3. Like others have notedI would have preferred to have the front LEDs mounted slightly further to the front. Not a big deal, perhaps something to consider for future revs
  4. The most annoying part of the install was fishing out the metal clips from the Mabett dome lights. At least on my light they are not secured in their mounting points and as you pry the light out they come off and fall off in that roll bar liner. Total PITA to get them out.
I didn’t find their location a problem at all. They don’t blind me like the “other” non Mabett set did. My rear Mabett light isn’t yellow either. I just snapped a pic of them. I also never had a sequence issue. As I shown in the video it was just install and use.
So odd that different people can have different results on basically the same vehicle.

IMG_5312.jpg
Sponsored