First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just added my Ford tailgate table on Friday. Although it‘s a little nerve-racking drilling into a perfectly good new truck, if you follow the instructions you’ll be fine. Only two tips:
  1. When drilling, start with small pilot holes and step up through a few sizes before using the supplies bit. The holes will be nice and clean and less fear of a wandering bit. I got that idea from an install video I found on YouTube.

2. Watch where all the bushings go. It’s really easy to miss where they go and, during the install process for the table—which can be a little fiddly—you could forget one. I suspect that anybody hearing rattle might have a missing bushing or washer.
Ford Bronco Tailgate table and Diabolical slipstream installation 47D25715-357B-4962-AFFF-D944E7F7AB01

Ford Bronco Tailgate table and Diabolical slipstream installation 1272A288-D981-486C-89B0-B0415A1443C3

this is how it looks. I got the idea to put some copper-color anodized aluminum sheet behind the cutout Bronco to hide the unpainted area from another YouTube video. I just snipped it to size with some tin ships and stuck it down with gorilla tape. Theres a lot of clearance back there so theres lots of options to stick the sheet down.

Finally, I’ve got the @Diabolical Inc slipstream installed, which I love to protect my valuables. I stuck some thick anti-slip matting on the underside to prevent rattle from cargo hitting on. On the top—and I got the idea from this form—I used some of the faux teak marine flooring to give me a non-slip surface to lay items on. I though it looked pretty good when completed. Very easy to cut and apply and pretty inexpensive.
Ford Bronco Tailgate table and Diabolical slipstream installation 6ABA3722-28F1-4EF6-A43A-29D6B4CD4222
Sponsored

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just added my Ford tailgate table on Friday. Although it‘s a little nerve-racking drilling into a perfectly good new truck, if you follow the instructions you’ll be fine. Only two tips:
  1. When drilling, start with small pilot holes and step up through a few sizes before using the supplies bit. The holes will be nice and clean and less fear of a wandering bit. I got that idea from an install video I found on YouTube.

2. Watch where all the bushings go. It’s really easy to miss where they go and, during the install process for the table—which can be a little fiddly—you could forget one. I suspect that anybody hearing rattle might have a missing bushing or washer.
Ford Bronco Tailgate table and Diabolical slipstream installation 6ABA3722-28F1-4EF6-A43A-29D6B4CD4222

this is how it looks. I got the idea to put some copper-color anodized aluminum sheet behind the cutout Bronco to hide the unpainted area from another YouTube video. I just snipped it to size with some tin ships and stuck it down with gorilla tape. Theres a lot of clearance back there so theres lots of options to stick the sheet down.

Finally, I’ve got the @Diabolical Inc slipstream installed, which I love to protect my valuables. I stuck some thick anti-slip matting on the underside to prevent rattle from cargo hitting on. On the top—and I got the idea from this form—I used some of the faux teak marine flooring to give me a non-slip surface to lay items on. I though it looked pretty good when completed. Very easy to cut and apply and pretty inexpensive.
How was the slipstream install? Any fitment issues or difficulties? How did you attach the padding?

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you purchase the faux teak marine flooring?

OP
OP
markpilip

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where did you purchase the faux teak marine flooring?
I got it at Amazon. Just search something like “Marine teak flooring” and it shows up. Available in many widths. I think the narrowest was best for this application.

OP
OP
markpilip

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How was the slipstream install? Any fitment issues or difficulties? How did you attach the padding?
The install wasn’t bad. I just followed the Diablolical video step by step. Took a couple of hours, but did it with one of my boys so it was a fun project.

The stuff on top is self-stick. The flooring that I cut to size underneath and at the back of the front wall, I attached with Gorilla glue but probably any 3M adhesive would have worked.
Sponsored