Sponsored

Ford Tailgate Folding Table Installation Instructions?

Bdied90277

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed Ford has a new version (previous version ended in "a") of the Tailgate folding table (now part VM2DZ78407A99B ) for my 2024 Badlands. I have scoured the internet and cannot find the "new" installation instructions for this. I am curious if the new one still requires drilling into the tailgate? I have seen other after market tables but I would rather have the ford one ($180) IF I don't have to drill.
Ford Accessories customer service was no help as they told me to contact the dealer as they will know....but they won't.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here you go. Looks like you still need to drill

Attachments

OP
OP

Bdied90277

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here you go. Looks like you still need to drill
You are better than Google. I didn't realize Tuffy made this. Thank you so much as I will NOT be drilling and just buy an aftermarket one.

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have it in mind; yes, you will need to drill. The weak spot for the table is the hardware used to mount it. I recommend buying spare ones, just in case you break one of the anchors. It's not too difficult; I was able to do it even though I've never done such a thing before. Just be prepared with some extra hardware, and be careful with the drill. I believe it comes with an attachment to prevent excessive drilling.

Once it's installed, it's pretty solid – no rattling noise. I've been using it for months now, even offroading, and there are still no rattling noises.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd look elsewhere. I used the Ford table (using FordPass pts.) and was immediately disappointed that I had to drill 4 holes in the tailgate of a new 55k vehicle. I did it anyway and while it turned out OK, I still regret drilling the holes. As another post mentioned, the hardware Ford provides is total crap, every one of the Torx bolts stripped out the head just using a 3/8 ratchet to snug down. The table itself is fine, but I've seen there's that offer better functionality and don't require drilling.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I happily drilled the holes. It's one of those items that no one would ever remove as it's so useful.,

I promptly broke one of the anchors and luckily they aren't hard to find.
Sponsored