Sponsored

Any rattling issues with Ford Folding Tailgate Table?

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just ordered the folding table and wondering about rattling. Anyone have one installed? Just wondering if I should rig up some rubber stoppers to insulate vibration or if I should even bother.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It comes with some rubber stoppers to prevent the rattling, but I now some dealers are also installing plastic washers between the table and the swing gate itself to further isolate any rattling (and prevent the screws from poking a hole in the outer body).

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I installed mine myself and have no rattle at all. I just used the rubber stoppers that came with it and tightened everything down really well.

I even took my Bronco off road this weekend and beat it up on the rocks, and the table is still solid.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I have rattling. I need to find a fix because every bump makes noise. (n)

OP
OP
IXxMcCoyxXl

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed mine myself and have no rattle at all. I just used the rubber stoppers that came with it and tightened everything down really well.

I even took my Bronco off road this weekend and beat it up on the rocks, and the table is still solid.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Ford accessory table too. For the most part I am rattle free but I have heard a few rattles when coming to a quick stop. However, I am not sure the table is the source since mine did come with the rubber stoppers. I have heard others indicate another source of rattles that I am still looking into. Supposedly the pop out panels in the cargo areas where you unbolt the soft top from the body has some issues and users have put a towel back there and put panel back to hold in place. I need to give that a try.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone seen a decent install video? I know there was a Ford tech who installed one on video but it was hard to follow.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone seen a decent install video? I know there was a Ford tech who installed one on video but it was hard to follow.
The drilling is the hardest part and the directions sucks. 😬 I would recommend using a drill bit stop.

Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had mine installed by the dealer, and it rattles horrifically taking doing anything - the stoppers are there, but the right hand latch seems loose, whereas the left hand latch is tight. Before I go about taking it apart, can you think of any way to tighten it?

OP
OP
IXxMcCoyxXl

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had mine installed by the dealer, and it rattles horrifically taking doing anything - the stoppers are there, but the right hand latch seems loose, whereas the left hand latch is tight. Before I go about taking it apart, can you think of any way to tighten it?
make sure the foam washers on right side by jack bolt. i added some foam tape to back side to tighten everything up. mine is as tight as all get out and haven’t heard a thing. my guess is that they may have stripped the jack nut as i did the same while putting it together and would not tighten up at all. i got rubber coated replacements from local auto parts store and they were night and day better. just removed previous ones with pliers and replaced. one thing i would suggest is to set jack nuts before moving on with installation made it way easier to put together.

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

make sure the foam washers on right side by jack bolt. i added some foam tape to back side to tighten everything up. mine is as tight as all get out and haven’t heard a thing. my guess is that they may have stripped the jack nut as i did the same while putting it together and would not tighten up at all. i got rubber coated replacements from local auto parts store and they were night and day better. just removed previous ones with pliers and replaced. one thing i would suggest is to set jack nuts before moving on with installation made it way easier to put together.
Really appreciate the pointers - now to get my hands dirty!!

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands