Sponsored

Any rattling issues with Ford Folding Tailgate Table?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It comes with some rubber stoppers to prevent the rattling, but I now some dealers are also installing plastic washers between the table and the swing gate itself to further isolate any rattling (and prevent the screws from poking a hole in the outer body).
Mine came with plastic washers... And edge trim rubber bits to keep anything from moving. No rattles 👍🏻
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

make sure the foam washers on right side by jack bolt. i added some foam tape to back side to tighten everything up. mine is as tight as all get out and haven’t heard a thing. my guess is that they may have stripped the jack nut as i did the same while putting it together and would not tighten up at all. i got rubber coated replacements from local auto parts store and they were night and day better. just removed previous ones with pliers and replaced. one thing i would suggest is to set jack nuts before moving on with installation made it way easier to put together.
You have to set the jack nuts before assembling... It's right in the instructions. Did you get the set/holding tool?
I did notice after they were set, threading in the bolts seemed like they were cross threaded. Be real careful here!
I screwed it together like I was tapping threads... 1 turn in, 1/2 turn out, 1 turn in...
So far, no issues
Lots of talk of people stripping and ruining their anchor nuts.
Don't over tighten! Instructions include torque specs!
I can guarantee you, 99% of installers did not use a torque wrench. Lol

HamAndCheese73

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed mine a few weeks ago, and no rattles yet at all, which pleasantly surprised me. The "instructions" were absolutely horrendous though, and it took a little longer for me to figure out the best method. Haha and that's not to mention the amount of sweating and butthole clenching I did while carefully drilling the 4 holes in the tailgate, and then of course trying to tighten the 4 rivet nuts with the world's worst allen wrench.

When I picked it up at the dealer, they actually told me they didn't want to install it anyway, since they tried to install some other guy's and ended up drilling right through the back of the tailgate. I told them I heard on this forum of that happening with other people too. So I'm just happy I got through it without doing any damage to mine. But I just thought it was funny that even the dealer was basically like "Hey, you're on your own."

OP
OP
IXxMcCoyxXl

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed mine a few weeks ago, and no rattles yet at all, which pleasantly surprised me. The "instructions" were absolutely horrendous though, and it took a little longer for me to figure out the best method. Haha and that's not to mention the amount of sweating and butthole clenching I did while carefully drilling the 4 holes in the tailgate, and then of course trying to tighten the 4 rivet nuts with the world's worst allen wrench.

When I picked it up at the dealer, they actually told me they didn't want to install it anyway, since they tried to install some other guy's and ended up drilling right through the back of the tailgate. I told them I heard on this forum of that happening with other people too. So I'm just happy I got through it without doing any damage to mine. But I just thought it was funny that even the dealer was basically like "Hey, you're on your own."
i agree with you on the instructions. just poorly rendered pictures

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine rattled when I got it from the dealer. it was an easy fix though i tested to see what was rattling and one of the latches was very tight and one was very loose. I just used some pliers to tilt the piece of metal that it the loose latch locks onto like an 8th of an inch. Once they were both locking tightly the rattle was gone.

Sponsored

1dayi'llhaveabronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any suggestions on how to get the last jack nut tight? The last one will not set all the way.

OP
OP
IXxMcCoyxXl

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any suggestions on how to get the last jack nut tight? The last one will not set all the way.
SAME ISSUE I HAD FIRST TIME I TRIED IT. PROBABLY IS FUCKED, TAKE IT OFF AND ATTEMP TO SET IT WITHOUT THE TABLE ON. IF IT WONT IT WILL NEED REPLACED. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, I AM ON MY WORK COMPUTER AND OUR SYSTEM ONLY USES CAP LOCK.

1dayi'llhaveabronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SAME ISSUE I HAD FIRST TIME I TRIED IT. PROBABLY IS FUCKED, TAKE IT OFF AND ATTEMP TO SET IT WITHOUT THE TABLE ON. IF IT WONT IT WILL NEED REPLACED. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, I AM ON MY WORK COMPUTER AND OUR SYSTEM ONLY USES CAP LOCK.
Thanks. How did you remove the jack nut to replace it?

1dayi'llhaveabronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Any rattling issues with Ford Folding Tailgate Table? 20211228_142213
Got it installed. Had to use some needle nose vise grips, but got the nut locked down.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What? You can't and should not try to set the nuts while attaching the table! That's what the holder tool is for!

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine rattled when I got it from the dealer. it was an easy fix though i tested to see what was rattling and one of the latches was very tight and one was very loose. I just used some pliers to tilt the piece of metal that it the loose latch locks onto like an 8th of an inch. Once they were both locking tightly the rattle was gone.
That's exactly what I did on mine, the latch on the right was loose, bent it up a little and totally fixed the rattle.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bottom corner of the frame is floating. When you tighten it down with the table in place, SQUEEZE the frame so there is no gap on the table hinge. That and 2 of the rubber trim pieces and it makes no noise at all.
You'll see hwtz I'm talking about when you install it.
For those of you with rattling, just loosen and pull this area together when you tighten it down 🤷

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This thread is meant for me to commiserate my woes in putting this in.

Here were my issues:
  • You have to use the actual table frame as a template. This would be fine if the right, unattached edge didn't move up to a 1/4". I ended up marking and drilling a hole that didn't perfectly align because, unbeknownst to me, that right edge of the frame was bent from shipping.
  • This clearly caused issues, so I had to take the supplied bolts in and out of the jacknuts. I followed the torque specs, but you can tell these jacknuts were made of cheese and basically disintegrated.
  • Thought I had to drill out the jacknuts. Nope. They bent with pliers and pulled right out. Pathetic.
  • In my frustration, I upgraded to rivnuts. MASSIVE quality improvement. Highly recommend.
  • Got everything in and reassembled, but alas, the damn thing still didn't line up. One latch did, the other didn't.
  • So, those plastic white washers that go on the pegs at the base? Had to put both on one side and none on the other for it to align.
  • Still wasn't perfect. So I had to bend the right frame edge base (where the pin is) inward to close the gap and have things align and the table fully fold up and fit in the frame.
TL;DR: Fuck this table. And it rattles/pops while driving.
Sponsored