Sponsored

Any rattling issues with Ford Folding Tailgate Table?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bottom corner of the frame is floating. When you tighten it down with the table in place, SQUEEZE the frame so there is no gap on the table hinge. That and 2 of the rubber trim pieces and it makes no noise at all.
You'll see hwtz I'm talking about when you install it.
For those of you with rattling, just loosen and pull this area together when you tighten it down 🤷
I have this problem and my dealer actually installed it before I picked up the vehicle. Maybe If I had done it I would have been more careful and not had this problem. Of course I also don't have the experience putting it in to picture what you are describing.

Last week I did figure out an interim measure by adding rubber weather strpping between the inner frame and table edge to keep it from rattling like mad. Still, I would rather not have that hangin all over it. So trying to understand this better. For me to correct an already installed table I need to loosen the bolts of the frame to the tailgate and then pull on what area? The hinge? Sorry trying to figure this aggravating thing out.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this problem and my dealer actually installed it before I picked up the vehicle. Maybe If I had done it I would have been more careful and not had this problem. Of course I also don't have the experience putting it in to picture what you are describing.

Last week I did figure out an interim measure by adding rubber weather strpping between the inner frame and table edge to keep it from rattling like mad. Still, I would rather not have that hangin all over it. So trying to understand this better. For me to correct an already installed table I need to loosen the bolts of the frame to the tailgate and then pull on what area? The hinge? Sorry trying to figure this aggravating thing out.
Just loosen the bottom right bolt... That's the one that has lateral adjustment on the hinge. You'll know what I'm talking about when you so it.
Loosen it off, squeeze the frame together and tighten it back down. See if that helps.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just loosen the bottom right bolt... That's the one that has lateral adjustment on the hinge. You'll know what I'm talking about when you so it.
Loosen it off, squeeze the frame together and tighten it back down. See if that helps.
Ah, will give it a try tomorrow. But that makes sense cause if memory serves me correct it was the bottom right hinge that had all the play (and the noise). Thanks for the clarification!

tjparisi

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is meant for me to commiserate my woes in putting this in.

Here were my issues:
  • You have to use the actual table frame as a template. This would be fine if the right, unattached edge didn't move up to a 1/4". I ended up marking and drilling a hole that didn't perfectly align because, unbeknownst to me, that right edge of the frame was bent from shipping.
  • This clearly caused issues, so I had to take the supplied bolts in and out of the jacknuts. I followed the torque specs, but you can tell these jacknuts were made of cheese and basically disintegrated.
  • Thought I had to drill out the jacknuts. Nope. They bent with pliers and pulled right out. Pathetic.
  • In my frustration, I upgraded to rivnuts. MASSIVE quality improvement. Highly recommend.
  • Got everything in and reassembled, but alas, the damn thing still didn't line up. One latch did, the other didn't.
  • So, those plastic white washers that go on the pegs at the base? Had to put both on one side and none on the other for it to align.
  • Still wasn't perfect. So I had to bend the right frame edge base (where the pin is) inward to close the gap and have things align and the table fully fold up and fit in the frame.
TL;DR: Fuck this table. And it rattles/pops while driving.
Did the rivnuts go in the same size hole? Which size rivnuts did you use?

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered the folding table and wondering about rattling. Anyone have one installed? Just wondering if I should rig up some rubber stoppers to insulate vibration or if I should even bother.
I put rubber adhesive backed strips around the interior perimeter. Worked like a charm.

E172A946-56A4-4D53-99D9-AAF6031CD0F2.jpeg

EF4DA302-C49D-40DD-976A-B388129EFDCE.jpeg

9E78AC8C-8452-4645-9A8F-FBD8B20B8ADB.jpeg
Sponsored