Sponsored

Anyone removed their Ford tailgate folding table?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks,

I was just wondering if anyones removed their Ford tailgate folding table? I’m not looking for other brands - just the Ford one.

I’ve got to access the wiring behind it but don’t want to damage it. Since I didn’t install it myself I was just curious if I need to take it ALL apart or not.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes you will need to reverse the assembly instructions. Be very careful with those nutserts. They strip and spin very easy.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes you will need to reverse the assembly instructions. Be very careful with those nutserts. They strip and spin very easy.
Darn - That's what I was hoping to avoid. I was hoping it would come off in one piece potentially. Thank you!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Darn - That's what I was hoping to avoid. I was hoping it would come off in one piece potentially. Thank you!
Ya I installed mine then took it off to spray lube in the tailgate to fix the rattle issues. It is definitely a full disassembly due to the way it goes together. The threaded part of the nutsert came out of one of them, I had to get creative on a fix for that one.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya I installed mine then took it off to spray lube in the tailgate to fix the rattle issues. It is definitely a full disassembly due to the way it goes together. The threaded part of the nutsert came out of one of them, I had to get creative on a fix for that one.
I only need to reach the wiring behind it, along the top. I assume there's no way to remove part of it to get to this vs. removing it all?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think you’re talking about this wire bundle. Which in case yes I think you would need to take it off. There is a small section exposed before it goes behind the table, not sure what your wiring and if that worked for you I assume you wouldn’t be looking into taking the table off lol.

90ADECA2-8B9F-47A1-8169-A0E25ADDC8B2.jpeg

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you’re talking about this wire bundle. Which in case yes I think you would need to take it off. There is a small section exposed before it goes behind the table, not sure what your wiring and if that worked for you I assume you wouldn’t be looking into taking the table off lol.

Ford Bronco Anyone removed their Ford tailgate folding table? 90ADECA2-8B9F-47A1-8169-A0E25ADDC8B2
I've got a pair of LED light pods on order, which will be mounted "inside" the spare tire, similar to the example picture below (this is not my Bronco).

I feel like that stupid table is going to be the pain in the butt on this *sigh*

Ford Bronco Anyone removed their Ford tailgate folding table? 20221221_174924

Ford Bronco Anyone removed their Ford tailgate folding table? 20221221_175035

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've got a pair of LED light pods on order, which will be mounted "inside" the spare tire, similar to the example picture below (this is not my Bronco).

I feel like that stupid table is going to be the pain in the butt on this *sigh*

20221221_174924.jpg

20221221_175035.jpg
Ah some lights. Why do you need access to the wire bundle behind the table? You will be running new wires to the aux pass through behind the cargo panel, should be pretty easy to run those without taking the table off. You can pop that big platic vent panel off and get access to the grommet.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah some lights. Why do you need access to the wire bundle behind the table? You will be running new wires to the aux pass through behind the cargo panel, should be pretty easy to run those without taking the table off. You can pop that big platic vent panel off and get access to the grommet.
I thought the best way would be to run those new wires from the lights inside or following the same path as that bundle of wires shown in your picture, since it starts by that spare tire and follows into the vehicle.

Do you have any idea that I might not be seeing?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought the best way would be to run those new wires from the lights inside or following the same path as that bundle of wires shown in your picture, since it starts by that spare tire and follows into the vehicle.

Do you have any idea that I might not be seeing?
So that bundle of wires is just wrapped in cloth tape. (pretty poorly as you can see in my pic) I would fish the new wires through the grommet, wrap them in cloth tape, and fish them behind the table along the same route, with a zip tie connected to the factory bundle at both ends. Off the top of my head this would be very simple. Im not next to my Bronco to verify, but I think you can run these cleanly without removing the table.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So that bundle of wires is just wrapped in cloth tape. (pretty poorly as you can see in my pic) I would fish the new wires through the grommet, wrap them in cloth tape, and fish them behind the table along the same route, with a zip tie connected to the factory bundle at both ends. Off the top of my head this would be very simple. Im not next to my Bronco to verify, but I think you can run these cleanly without removing the table.
I just went out to my Bronco and looked. I think you might be onto something - I can't imagine the LED pod wires are overly thick. I think I could pop off the plastic trim cover on the right side of the door (near the handle), push it through (thankfully there's the molle panel and you can fit fingers or needle nose pliers or something through to move it along), and then pop out the other side.

Great idea - Thank you!

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are you going to do, blind tailgaters with those things?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you going to do, blind tailgaters with those things?
Haha, no. I am installing a pair of Baja Designs S1 amber pods, which will be wired up to a strobing module. They're going to be used as chase lights and/or additional hazard lights, controlled by one of my AUX switches.

I like the low-profile look, and the added security of them being "inside" the spare tire from a theft standpoint.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model