Sponsored

Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now!

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well I received and installed my rear pods today and would like to offer the following observations…

1) Mabett has done a fantastic job with these! They were very well packed and included some unexpected bonuses. Unlike other reviewers, I did receive the 2 door brackets. (but did not need them for my 4 door)
Included were 2 pigtails with matching plugs for the factory harness. I had planned to rob the ones off the factory pods, but that was unnecessary. 👍
Also, I had no “clip“ issues like others have experienced.
Best of all, the pods bolted up like they were OEM.

2) I was less than impressed with the sound improvement…
perhaps I had unrealistic expectations, and maybe my speaker choice has something to do with it. (Kicker CS 6.5)
Other than a little more treble and a small bump in volume, they don’t make $450 worth of improvement in my opinion…

That is not to say that I am sorry I did it, just that it made it clear to me that this is just the beginning!
the rear channels obviously require more power…
since I have the B&O, I am not sure how to proceed.

I’ve read that the B&O doesn’t require forscan changes and will not work with the Kicker 200.4 amp…

Any advise would be much appreciate!
🍻

4D8FB122-D49B-4014-BA47-288937021BEE.jpeg

04C3273E-75B0-4403-A0CF-DCA3F6441C7D.jpeg

DEC244B0-1B0F-42EB-AB69-C31C2B19476C.jpeg

6BD0A118-933D-4D01-B053-016BF21E0B75.jpeg
Hmm, B&O and I have JL’s and changing from the 4 inch Focals, it was a huge improvement in the fill. Bass definitely mostly comes from sub, but I‘m super happy to have full sound in all areas of the truck. Before the backseat was embarrassing.
Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will be ordering these as well when available but I think I'm leaning towards the JL C1-650x instead.
Already replaced the 3- 4" B&O fronts with the C1-400X and that made a HUGE difference.
Just be aware that you want be able to put the cover on without cutting. Definitely worth the sound improvement to me.

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just be aware that you want be able to put the cover on without cutting. Definitely worth the sound improvement to me.
Did you cut yours?

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just installed these with Morel 6.5 inch co-axials. I think these are a great value for what you get. I love that they have a 'stock speaker pod' look to them as opposed to some other offerings out there now. Covered the inside with Kilmat and added some acoustic polyfill. I have a four door soft top and there was plenty of clearance between the top of the roll / sport bar and roof to get a ratchet up in there to remove / install. Word of caution, make sure the wiring is right as the speaker connector that I received had white as negative and brown as positive. There is little improvement beyond clearing up the highs, but I am certain that has to do with the fact that Ford completely neuters the low frequency response in the rears. Almost no mid or low sounds come out of the speakers, even though I have 75 watts going through them. My local Ford dealer has agreed to do the 'JBL soundbar - full signal to rear' change without having to buy the soundbar, so I am going to have that done on my next visit.

Unless you either do the ForScan change for full range, or have your Ford dealer do the JBL programming, I think that a decent 4 inch co-axial replacement to clean up the highs in the rear would be sufficient.

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! 324937157_838310307256988_6998604931110051193_n

Last edited:

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed these with Morel 6.5 inch co-axials. I think these are a great value for what you get. I love that they have a 'stock speaker pod' look to them as opposed to some other offerings out there now. Covered the inside with Kilmat and added some acoustic polyfill. I have a four door soft top and there was plenty of clearance between the top of the roll / sport bar and roof to get a ratchet up in there to remove / install. Word of caution, make sure the wiring is right as the speaker connector that I received had white as negative and brown as positive. There is little improvement beyond clearing up the highs, but I am certain that has to do with the fact that Ford completely neuters the low frequency response in the rears. Almost no mid or low sounds come out of the speakers, even though I have 75 watts going through them. My local Ford dealer has agreed to do the 'JBL soundbar - full signal to rear' change without having to buy the soundbar, so I am going to have that done on my next visit.

Unless you either do the ForScan change for full range, or have your Ford dealer do the JBL programming, I think that a decent 4 inch co-axial replacement to clean up the highs in the rear would be sufficient.

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! 324937157_838310307256988_6998604931110051193_n
do you have the B&O?

Sponsored

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please let us know when restocked. Have a set of kickers ready to go in.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
***EDIT***

Well it looks like I spoke too soon…

After spending some time with the new rear pods and messing with the settings in both stereo and surround mode I have completely changed my opinion of this mod!

Perhaps the speakers needed a few hours to loosen up, but I must say that I am completely happy with the new sound.
the 6.5” rears completely change the B&O!
the mid bass is now tighter and punchier and the overall clairity of sound perfect!
I find that I don’t need to crank up the volume to hear the detail anymore.
Where I would play a song at volume 15-18, I find that now I can play it at 10 with cleaner sound.

I stand corrected…

LightRefined

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
***EDIT***

After spending some time with the new rear pods and messing with the settings in both stereo and surround mode I have completely changed my opinion of this mod!

Perhaps the speakers needed a few hours to loosen up, but I must say that I am completely happy with the new sound.
the mid bass is now tighter and punchier and the overall clairity of sound perfect!
Where I would play a song at volume 15-18, I find that now I can play it at 10 with cleaner sound.

I stand corrected…
Hey, I did the exact same install as you. B&O, Kicker 6.5" CS's in the Mabett pods. I've been underwhelmed by their performance. Can you post your audio sliders? Maybe I'll copy yours to see if they sound better to me :) thanks!

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

***EDIT***

I stand corrected…
I preferred Stereo mode before the rear speaker upgrade, but Surround mode seems like the only way to get a marked improvement from the bigger rears. Does that align with your experience?

Sponsored

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, I did the exact same install as you. B&O, Kicker 6.5" CS's in the Mabett pods. I've been underwhelmed by their performance. Can you post your audio sliders? Maybe I'll copy yours to see if they sound better to me :) thanks!
This is what I found worked for the most part.
I do find that if I increase the volume past 17 or 18, or if the song has a lot of bass in the mix, I have to decrease the bass a couple of notches…
I’m most impressed by the crystal clarity at reasonable volumes.

BC77486C-E0F6-4C2D-BCB5-58AC1405839B.jpeg

0268AE7D-2AD3-4F9C-8815-C0EEB51A9754.jpeg

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I preferred Stereo mode before the rear speaker upgrade, but Surround mode seems like the only way to get a marked improvement from the bigger rears. Does that align with your experience?
I find that surround mode, more than stereo, increases the highs. (Treble) I'm thinking that it will sound better with the top off as it should cut through the wind noise. I also like surround when playing music at lower volumes due to the clarity.
I find that at higher volumes, I prefer stereo mode…

LightRefined

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do find that if I increase the volume past 17 or 18, or if the song has a lot of bass in the mix, I have to decrease the bass a couple of notches…

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! 0268AE7D-2AD3-4F9C-8815-C0EEB51A9754

Ford Bronco Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now! 0268AE7D-2AD3-4F9C-8815-C0EEB51A9754
Thanks for taking the time to post those! I'll play around with mine later today to see how it sounds.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you fade all the way rear to just hear the new 6.5s, how does it sound? I don’t have the same speakers as you, but man mine sounds rough. I have sound deadener in the pods, but they sound so hollow.

margareedaville

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't find the depth of these things anywhere. Can someone measure the depth please?
Sponsored