Sponsored

Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now!

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you fade all the way rear to just hear the new 6.5s, how does it sound? I don’t have the same speakers as you, but man mine sounds rough. I have sound deadener in the pods, but they sound so hollow.
That’s just it, when I first put them in, I was judging them on their sound by themselves.
I wasn’t all that impressed and felt that they needed more power.
Now that I have had more time with them, I feel that if they were much louder, they might be obtrusive.
I find that, especially in surround mode, they fill in the rear perfectly.
I’m especially happy with the low-med volume clairity.
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I received and installed my rear pods today and would like to offer the following observations…

1) Mabett has done a fantastic job with these! They were very well packed and included some unexpected bonuses. Unlike other reviewers, I did receive the 2 door brackets. (but did not need them for my 4 door)
Included were 2 pigtails with matching plugs for the factory harness. I had planned to rob the ones off the factory pods, but that was unnecessary. 👍
Also, I had no “clip“ issues like others have experienced.
Best of all, the pods bolted up like they were OEM.

2) I was less than impressed with the sound improvement…
perhaps I had unrealistic expectations, and maybe my speaker choice has something to do with it. (Kicker CS 6.5)
Other than a little more treble and a small bump in volume, they don’t make $450 worth of improvement in my opinion…

That is not to say that I am sorry I did it, just that it made it clear to me that this is just the beginning!
the rear channels obviously require more power…
since I have the B&O, I am not sure how to proceed.

I’ve read that the B&O doesn’t require forscan changes and will not work with the Kicker 200.4 amp…

Any advise would be much appreciate!
🍻

***EDIT***
see post below…

4D8FB122-D49B-4014-BA47-288937021BEE.jpeg

04C3273E-75B0-4403-A0CF-DCA3F6441C7D.jpeg

DEC244B0-1B0F-42EB-AB69-C31C2B19476C.jpeg

6BD0A118-933D-4D01-B053-016BF21E0B75.jpeg
Forscan change makes no audible differences in sound unless you have super human ears. I have the pods and new kicker speakers and it makes zero difference. Maybe some on here have a placebo effect going on.. lol…. Back seat passengers might hear difference but I could care less about back seat passengers. Its the head unit that sucks.

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no way that going from 4”, one-way speaker to a 6.5“ two-way does not make a difference. You might want to get the hearing checked out?

Now, I love the discussion but really want know when I can buy a pair of these damn things?

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is no way that going from 4”, one-way speaker to a 6.5“ two-way does not make a difference. You might want to get the hearing checked out?

Now, I love the discussion but really want know when I can buy a pair of these damn things?
In my B&O made a huge difference with JL’s. I posted before but for me if I could only do one speaker upgrade this is easily it for me.

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In my B&O made a huge difference with JL’s. I posted before but for me if I could only do one speaker upgrade this is easily it for me.
which JL‘s did you add?

Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The JL C1's based on recommendation from other poster in all 5 locations besides kick panels
However thr 6.5 tweeter won't clear the grill. Need to cut a small hole with drimel.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Threw them in this morning and immediately noticed a huge improvement. Need top play with the tone settings a little but overall DB increase is easily noticeable.

I've got it programmed for the sound bar and running Focal Auditor series for all 6. Short of going with higher end speakers, adding a sub or making the leap to a fully amplified system, this is about the limit of the 6 speaker system for the money spent.

javs9

Big Bend
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I changed to the jl c2 but do not hear much of a difference. Is there something else that needs to be done?

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I changed to the jl c2 but do not hear much of a difference. Is there something else that needs to be done?
If only base speakers/head unit, make sure to do Forescan change for full sound vs highs only.

Sponsored

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any ETA on restock?
Have the C1's ready to go in.

LJF413

First Name
L. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wranglet
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

doesnt make much of a difference from front seat imo. Maybe for back seat passengers.Maybe in a 2 door its noticable but no difference in my 4 door.I Did forescan change as well,no difference. Not to my human ears anyways. Maybe there is a placebo effect,lol
I noticed the same thing: upgraded fron4” Kicker CS to 7.5” Kicker KS. No noticeable difference. Wondered if it was me? In fact, my kids thought the 4” sounded better (I did one speaker, Andy alternated the balance). Wondering if the KS series wound be better, or if my experience is an anomaly. Thought I’d hear a big difference, but no luck. Didn’t touch forscan either. Thought I might return these pods

LJF413

First Name
L. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wranglet
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I noticed the same thing: upgraded fron4” Kicker CS to 7.5” Kicker KS. No noticeable difference. Wondered if it was me? In fact, my kids thought the 4” sounded better (I did one speaker, Andy alternated the balance). Wondering if the KS series wound be better, or if my experience is an anomaly. Thought I’d hear a big difference, but no luck. Didn’t touch forscan either. Thought I might return these pods
6.5, not 7.5. Typo

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I cant speak for Kicker but I know JL makes an awesome product.
I replaced the 3 dash 4" with the JL C1-400's from the B&O and it made a huge difference.
I bought 2 sets of the JL-C1 650x.
2 for the pods and 2 for the kick panels.
Paired with the soon to be installed JL 12TW3-D4 on the rear door I'm thinking the Bronco is going to sound pretty decent.
Might be worth a look.

Last edited:

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If only base speakers/head unit, make sure to do Forescan change for full sound vs highs only.
What are your exact forscan settings?
Sponsored