Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mabett

I think the larger speaker enclosure is a great idea. But I think there is room for improvement. You have a pretty large enclosure but it seems that more can be done with the space.

As we know interior lighting is a constant ask so I have some sketches that could show how to improve both.

Ford Bronco Mabett Speakers 2.0 Suggestions Speaker2

2.0v1

Key Features:
  • Side spot lights to illuminate the cargo area.
  • Forward facing lights to illuminate the rear seat area.
  • Red lights for night illumination and bug avoidance.
  • Upper button to use white lights (dimly illuminated buttons). Lower button to use red lights. Memory to remember last setting.
  • Removable internal frame so that user can reuse smaller stock speaker or remove to use larger 6.5in speaker.
  • T into existing dome light wiring to control on and off.
  • Lights fade in and out like dome light.
This is only a first revision. I'll do another example but with a clean sheet design. I think the speaker pods are far too big for what they do.
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dang, already bought the pods and the rear light dome. šŸ˜‚. Yeah, great idea.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These are all great ideas but they add installation complexity to the speaker pods themselves. For example, folks who only care about improving audio quality aren't going to want all the extraneous wiring to splice these in-line with the dome lights. Mabett already has a dome light product that covers the Bronco's rear roll bar.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are all great ideas but they add installation complexity to the speaker pods themselves. For example, folks who only care about improving audio quality aren't going to want all the extraneous wiring to splice these in-line with the dome lights. Mabett already has a dome light product that covers the Bronco's rear roll bar.
I agree.

But I doubt anyone wanting better sound would complain about better lighting too.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree.

But I doubt anyone wanting better sound would complain about better lighting too.
And Iā€™m sure Mabettā€™s response to that would be ā€œand thankfully we have another product you can buy TODAY to address that!ā€.

I hear ya but third party vendors arenā€™t going to want to provide combined feature solutions if they can sell separate products address the individual issues. Honestly, itā€™s probably something that Ford should do in the future more than anyone else. The Broncoā€™s current design is woefully under equipped in terms of both sound and lighting.

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And Iā€™m sure Mabettā€™s response to that would be ā€œand thankfully we have another product you can buy TODAY to address that!ā€.

I hear ya but third party vendors arenā€™t going to want to provide combined feature solutions if they can sell separate products address the individual issues. Honestly, itā€™s probably something that Ford should do in the future more than anyone else. The Broncoā€™s current design is woefully under equipped in terms of both sound and lighting.
I disagree. Just charge the price of having both solutions for the one, or slightly less, and they still make more. Only if they plan on doing a revision in the first place though...

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's be clear that I don't care if they even consider this. This is just a fun exercise for me.

The fact that you called out the Bronco as lacking in sound and lighting just validates that it's a viable solution.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's be clear that I don't care if they even consider this. This is just a fun exercise for me.

The fact that you called out the Bronco as lacking in sound and lighting just validates that it's a viable solution.
What you laid out in your design is what Ford should have done from the factory. Of course Ford's design probably wouldn't have as many lights or offer red ones, wouldn't have any timed function and would probably only be available with the Lux option . . . for an additional $995. šŸ˜œ

SCB_2stroke&EV

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GMC 2500 WT
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Mabett

I think the larger speaker enclosure is a great idea. But I think there is room for improvement. You have a pretty large enclosure but it seems that more can be done with the space.

As we know interior lighting is a constant ask so I have some sketches that could show how to improve both.

Ford Bronco Mabett Speakers 2.0 Suggestions Speaker2

2.0v1

Key Features:
  • Side spot lights to illuminate the cargo area.
  • Forward facing lights to illuminate the rear seat area.
  • Red lights for night illumination and bug avoidance.
  • Upper button to use white lights (dimly illuminated buttons). Lower button to use red lights. Memory to remember last setting.
  • Removable internal frame so that user can reuse smaller stock speaker or remove to use larger 6.5in speaker.
  • T into existing dome light wiring to control on and off.
  • Lights fade in and out like dome light.
This is only a first revision. I'll do another example but with a clean sheet design. I think the speaker pods are far too big for what they do.
All, I'm in need of INTERIOR LIGHTING improvements and found this thread. At this point is anyone making a white / red LED lighting option that is adaptable to mounting in the 2DR Bronco? All links are welcome. TIA.
Sponsored