Sponsored

Mabett V2 Dashboard USB Expansion Dock Coming Soon!

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Mabett I am one who has version 1 and it doesn't do what I paid for it to do. It actually draws power from my phone as I drive. So I stopped using it because of this. So what does after sales-service look like for me and the others who purchased your v1 device? TBH, I feel like I wasted my time and money on a product I didn't get. While I appreciate the v2 addresses the shortcomings of v1, but it seems wrong v1 people have to repurchase a whole new device. Why not show customer loyalty and give those who bought v1 the new harness. That's what we originally paid for isn't it? A working USB port? Seems wholly unfair for us to have to rebuy it again through no fault of our own. We have to pay for it 2x?? Giving a discount to rebuy it again doesn't feel like a deal if I've already bought it once before. Many of support Mabett products, but this has put a bad taste in my mouth. So far I don't see any support for v1 owners. Just more opportunities for us to buy more. How do you think that sits with your loyal Bronco customers? This is your chance to make it right for those who supported your product early on and didn't get what they paid for. Make it right... Publicly.
Yeah, I'm using this with Ford for when they release a new Bronco with a digital dash... And the colored hardtop...

I guess it would be better if they waited a year to release v2? Maybe 2-3 years?

"Publicly"... If you direct message and have patience, you'll get better customer service than many, MANY, other companies. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mabett I am one who has version 1 and it doesn't do what I paid for it to do. It actually draws power from my phone as I drive. So I stopped using it because of this. So what does after sales-service look like for me and the others who purchased your v1 device? TBH, I feel like I wasted my time and money on a product I didn't get. While I appreciate the v2 addresses the shortcomings of v1, it seems wrong v1 people have to repurchase a whole new device. Why not show customer loyalty and give those who bought v1 the new harness. That's what we originally paid for isn't it? A working USB port? Seems wholly unfair for us to have to rebuy it again through no fault of our own. We have to pay for it 2x?? Giving a discount to rebuy it again doesn't feel like a deal if I've already bought it once before. Many of us support Mabett products, but this has put a bad taste in my mouth. So far I don't see any support for v1 owners. Just more opportunities for us to buy more. How do you think that sits with your loyal Bronco customers? This is your chance to make it right for those who supported your product early on and didn't get what they paid for. Make it right... Publicly.
Hey buddy, I fully understand that product updates are a painful thing for buyers of the previous version. What I mean by after-sales service is that if your product really does not work, you can directly go to Amazon or contact me for a replacement or refund.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any known advantages/disadvantages to the Mabett USBs versus the IAG set up (Install Video)? Aside from the Mabett ones being available they look a lot more intensive to install. Does one work better than the other. In all honestly I bought the Mabett one thinking it was the same thing as the IAG and now I'm not sure I want to mess around taking off that much trim.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey buddy, I fully understand that product updates are a painful thing for buyers of the previous version. What I mean by after-sales service is that if your product really does not work, you can directly go to Amazon or contact me for a replacement or refund.
A lot can be misunderstood with online communication but people generally don't appreciate reading a response that starts with "Hey Buddy"......From my experience that is just going to further irritate people and escalate conflict.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Spent well over 30 minutes today installing this. The delay was due to two issues, one under Mabett's control the other not.

Most of the delay and frustration was incurred when, despite my better judgement, I decided to follow the video instructions and attempted to feed the naked cable down the vertical gap in the dashboard. Sure enough the plastic clip at the head of the cable snagged on something and refused to release. Spent the next 15+ minutes figuring out how to release it. Ultimately the solution was a pickup tool that grabbed the cable near the snag point allowing me to force it down to release and then bring back out. There is hardly any room between the dash and the mirror, the controtions made it particularly frustrating. Do yourselves a favor, use a hanger to figure out the path, then tape the cable to the hanger and fish it through. It takes exactly 15 seconds.

Second was screwing the plastic back into the dash. Why in the world did Ford have to recess the screws so far down is not at all clear to me. Whoever designed the plastic piece should have made the bottoms thicker so you can start the screws and hold them in position as you lower it in place. A small change with zero cost implications would have made the job easier.

Finally, the plastic of the unit just feels cheap. Let's see how long it survives in the SoCal sun before it ages and cracks.

Now that it is in place it works well. My IAG mini picatinny rail does not obstruct either of the 3 ports. The two USBC ports come perilously close to being instructed but work - as long as the design of the USBC cable is relatively slim.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Are there any known advantages/disadvantages to the Mabett USBs versus the IAG set up (Install Video)? Aside from the Mabett ones being available they look a lot more intensive to install. Does one work better than the other. In all honestly I bought the Mabett one thinking it was the same thing as the IAG and now I'm not sure I want to mess around taking off that much trim.
Spent well over 30 minutes today installing this. The delay was due to two issues, one under Mabett's control the other not.

Most of the delay and frustration was incurred when, despite my better judgement, I decided to follow the video instructions and attempted to feed the naked cable down the vertical gap in the dashboard. Sure enough the plastic clip at the head of the cable snagged on something and refused to release. Spent the next 15+ minutes figuring out how to release it. Ultimately the solution was a pickup tool that grabbed the cable near the snag point allowing me to force it down to release and then bring back out. There is hardly any room between the dash and the mirror, the controtions made it particularly frustrating. Do yourselves a favor, use a hanger to figure out the path, then tape the cable to the hanger and fish it through. It takes exactly 15 seconds.

Second was screwing the plastic back into the dash. Why in the world did Ford have to recess the screws so far down is not at all clear to me. Whoever designed the plastic piece should have made the bottoms thicker so you can start the screws and hold them in position as you lower it in place. A small change with zero cost implications would have made the job easier.

Now that it is in place it works well. My IAG mini picatinny rail does not obstruct either of the 3 ports. The two USBC ports come perilously close to being instructed but work - as long as the design of the USBC cable is relatively slim.
It took me 30 minutes to install mine. 15 minutes trying to figure out why the IP30 tool in the kit wouldn't work in the screws on the top of the dash (figured out the screws are a smaller torx plus, but don't remember the size now) and 15 minutes for the actual install.
Had no issues fishing the wire down through the dash, just made sure to straighten them out first.

Landofcheese

Heritage
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150, 1968 mustang,1976 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
unfortunately the code doesn't seem to work anymore :confused:

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Installed mine. I used one of the 2ft zip ties (from HF) to pull the wire down the dash. Charged three items at once. Seems to be working well...About 45 minutes to install.

I have V1...did no work well and I sent it back to Amazon.

Everyone is buying from Amazon. You get 30 days to return. Install it. If you don't like it, you can return it. No big deal!

BigWaveDave

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I had bought the Mabett one and when I got it the install looked significantly more involved than the IAG one that finally became available. I returned my Mabett one and bought the IAG one for more money. The one IAG sent me is the same as the Mabett one now. IAG has changed theirs too. So for anyone curious, IAG and Mabett are the same with the same install that is a bit involved.

Just gave myself a headache I didn’t need trying to get the easier install! The grass was indeed not greener on the other side.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I had bought the Mabett one and when I got it the install looked significantly more involved than the IAG one that finally became available. I returned my Mabett one and bought the IAG one for more money. The one IAG sent me is the same as the Mabett one now. IAG has changed theirs too. So for anyone curious, IAG and Mabett are the same with the same install that is a bit involved.

Just gave myself a headache I didn’t need trying to get the easier install! The grass was indeed not greener on the other side.
Anything marked as IAG i-line is the same stuff as what Mabett and other east Asia retailers sell, but at higher prices. IAG says they do their own independent testing and validation which increases their costs.

The increased complexity in installation is to enable higher power/fast charging with the new setup. I can't believe that in 2020 @Ford Motor Company assumed that it is OK to build a vehicle with USB ports that are NOT capable of fast charging. Even $10 gadgets these days support fast charging. I am sure that they have the same lame excuse of "supply chain constraints". The same wonderful supply chain that ensures that the tow package is "supply constrained" four years later.
Sponsored