Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4DR OBX - Shadow Black - LUX - Non-Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone,

I received a piece of info from my dealer today that I’d like to share with yall who may be in same boat as me.

Background: I ordered my 2023 4D Outer Banks 3/27, had production date of 5/25, and was originally with ETA to dealership 6/1-6/7 (I live less than an hour from the plant). Obviously this date came and went, and per my dealer and the Marketing Team who i speak to daily, it has been “Delayed” or “Pending Update”. Neither has been able to give me an answer as to why.

Today my dealer found out that it due to the seatbelt issue, all Broncos at the plant are being held there because of this. So i assume they are keeping them until they can get the new clip or whatnot onto them.

That’s all he knew and was able to tell me. I just wanted to pass that along for anyone else whose Bronco is stuck at the plant for no obvious reason apart from shipping restraints.

Will update this if I hear more!
Also, would love to hear of anyone else’s experience of a previous recall affecting their shipping process.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi everyone,

I received a piece of info from my dealer today that I’d like to share with yall who may be in same boat as me.

Background: I ordered my 2023 4D Outer Banks 3/27, had production date of 5/25, and was originally with ETA to dealership 6/1-6/7 (I live less than an hour from the plant). Obviously this date came and went, and per my dealer and the Marketing Team who i speak to daily, it has been “Delayed” or “Pending Update”. Neither has been able to give me an answer as to why.

Today my dealer found out that it due to the seatbelt issue, all Broncos at the plant are being held there because of this. So i assume they are keeping them until they can get the new clip or whatnot onto them.

That’s all he knew and was able to tell me. I just wanted to pass that along for anyone else whose Bronco is stuck at the plant for no obvious reason apart from shipping restraints.

Will update this if I hear more!
Also, would love to hear of anyone else’s experience of a previous recall affecting their shipping process.
This isnt the first production delay, without a clear initial explanation. There were the MIC top delays in 2021 and chip delays in 2022. The problem is we actually believe the production dates, i see them as estimates, not promises.

My OBX was ordered Jan 2021, and in April 2021 got a June build date. That changed three times. Finally Built July 21, 2021, but it Stayed "in Production" for weeks. After rumors, letter from Ford in August that all the MIC tops were being replaced, and vehicles held at plant till then. Holding yard dubbed "Dirt Mountain." To manage my expectations, I told friends I might get the car by Thanksgiving! Finally, I got a "built" email about October 6, a "shipped" email soon thereafter, arrival October 20 and I took ownership October 21, 2021. 35,000 miles later, I'm quite happy with it!

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine and a lot of others have finally shipped over the past 48 hours so whatever the hold up was must be clearing.
Sponsored