Sponsored

Maybe new heritage/retro trim coming? (Free Wheeling Bronco Sport announced)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Dannebrog53

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Western wheels? Those were everywhere for awhile and then poof, gone!
You nailed it Western wheels, they sure held the snow, had a few “death wobble” experiences. If you remember the Westerns you probably remember the Kelley Tires.

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My grandfather had a free-wheeling bronco when I was growing up and I loved it. I was excited for it and hoping they would do it. Now that I see it on the sport...it's not what I had in my mind and I would probably pass. LIke what has already been said, it will probably be popular. I would rather just have a orange Bronco and for people to get what they ordered IMHO.

Sponsored

Landofcheese

Heritage
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150, 1968 mustang,1976 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
i'm crazy about the old freewheeling package.... not sold on it on the BS though.

Growing up as a kid my parents had a 79 black free wheeling bronco with a roll bar. my mother to this day curses that roll bar. before that we had a brown econoline van with the free wheeling package. the van is long gone but i do still have the wheels from it on my 76.
Ford Bronco Maybe new heritage/retro trim coming? (Free Wheeling Bronco Sport announced) IMAG0274

and I owned a 79 f150 with the free wheeling package for 15 years until it burned up one night..... caused by an alternator from auto zone..... (I was broke at the time and didn't have a choice) After that it was OEM/superior aftermarket or nothing. A sad long night that was.
Ford Bronco Maybe new heritage/retro trim coming? (Free Wheeling Bronco Sport announced) STA70544.JPG

anyone know if the modern BS sport stickers glow like the ones from back in the day?
Ford Bronco Maybe new heritage/retro trim coming? (Free Wheeling Bronco Sport announced) STA70565.JPG

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

i'm crazy about the old freewheeling package.... not sold on it on the BS though.

Growing up as a kid my parents had a 79 black free wheeling bronco with a roll bar. my mother to this day curses that roll bar. before that we had a brown econoline van with the free wheeling package. the van is long gone but i do still have the wheels from it on my 76.
Ford Bronco Maybe new heritage/retro trim coming? (Free Wheeling Bronco Sport announced) STA70565.JPG

and I owned a 79 f150 with the free wheeling package for 15 years until it burned up one night..... caused by an alternator from auto zone..... (I was broke at the time and didn't have a choice) After that it was OEM/superior aftermarket or nothing. A sad long night that was.

anyone know if the modern BS sport stickers glow like the ones from back in the day?
Per Ford Authority it does ...

https://fordauthority.com/2023/07/2024-ford-bronco-sport-free-wheelin-brings-back-old-favorite/

"As one might expect, the 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Free Wheelin is a special edition model that pays homage to the trucks, vans, and Broncos that bore the same treatment decades ago. That means it features the same type of reflective red, orange, and yellow gradient graphics on the hood, sides, and liftgate, along with painted Shadow Black steel wheels with red accents, a Shadow Black roof, a silver-painted grille with two-tone Bronco badging, as well as a modified lower front end insert."

Landofcheese

Heritage
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Once again I need to read better, the wife needs a new car soon and SHE likes it a lot! I wanna know if they are going to do that on the big bronco first, cause if so I will sign myself up to suffer once more.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Once again I need to read better, the wife needs a new car soon and SHE likes it a lot! I wanna know if they are going to do that on the big bronco first, cause if so I will sign myself up to suffer once more.
'24 Bronco order guide should be out soon, Ford might as well throw another log on the fire with the big Bronco and hope for a better outcome than they've had with the Heritage's.

I kinda like it being just on the little ones though, Ford should have given them this instead of the Heritage treatment since the Free Wheeling package was across all their trucks.

Sponsored

Landofcheese

Heritage
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
'24 Bronco order guide should be out soon, Ford might as well throw another log on the fire with the big Bronco and hope for a better outcome than they've had with the Heritage's.

I kinda like it being just on the little ones though, Ford should have given them this instead of the Heritage treatment since the Free Wheeling package was across all their trucks.
Agreed, ford has A LOT of work to do to make the broncos in a timely manor without adding another version to slow things up further.

Bronco Master

Base
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2017 Ford Superduty F-250 STX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
why would you even do that?
Maybe they like white-walling their tires trying to squeeze down narrow trails. And they never cared for those side mirrors anyway… 😜
Sponsored