Sponsored

MGV Headrests: Any aftermarket options to fix?

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont think I have ever actually used a headrest while driving. But I usually have my seat leaning back a little, so maybe that makes a difference. The more threads I read, the more I realize Ford has really cheapened over the years. My Focus was half the price of a Bronco and has things Ford has seemed to remove over the years such as adjustable headrests and numbers on the HVAC knobs, adjustable height seat belts for example. Even funnier, you can get all those in a Ranger with an equivalent package for 5-10K less. I guess thats Fords version of a "Bronco tax" :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dont think I have ever actually used a headrest while driving. But I usually have my seat leaning back a little, so maybe that makes a difference.
A "headest" is not supposed to touch your head. Should be 2 to 3 inches behind your head. Three fingers is the traditional spacing. It's a safety item to help prevent whiplash when rear ended.

If a headrest touches my head it drives me absolutely nuts. The Mustang folks (also non adjustable) have taken to simply bending the posts with a large pipe or rebar bending tool.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is it possible to order adjustable leather headrests from the parts department and swap the upholstery?

Jason

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I’m to short to notice. At 5’ 9” my head doesn’t touch the headrest, and I have a large round head 🤣.

Balarsen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, 2022 Ford Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Ford Fusion has the adjustable head rest pieces. I wonder if they are compatible and you could find a set somewhere.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heh… learn something new every day.

This post made me go outside and check all of my vehicles. I don’t think I’ve ever once adjusted my headrest ever on any of my vehicles. I always thought the up/down adjustment was to remove the headrest if needed (on my Focus I have remove the rear headrests to fold down my seat).

As @AZ_Liberty mentioned, they don’t even touch my head while driving. Never knew about the 3-finger thing. And now that everyone mentioned they can be adjusted I’m going to spend the next 20 minutes adjusting them. And it’s going to bother me that my MGV seats can’t be adjusted once the Bronco arrived.

Ignorance is (or was) bliss.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

gaming chair pillow. will wrap perfectly around the headrest and slides on/off in seconds.

honestly i've taken a couple of big trips and didn't even notice it. i agree with others too; they are for whiplash and safety, and not designed for comfort.

minus getting a little hot i'm in love with the mgv. spray some 303 on it and its bombproof.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The leather head rests adjust 0n my 2022 OBX

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, leather headrests are adjustable. Cloth and MGV headrests are not.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it possible to order adjustable leather headrests from the parts department and swap the upholstery?

Jason
I believe a forum member purchased the leather headrests from @flip to try just that, but I haven’t seen the results reported here.

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe a forum member purchased the leather headrests from @flip to try just that, but I haven’t seen the results reported here.
I also did this. Ordered a first edition headrest so it would be black with no colored stitching to clash with my sandstone interior. Fits in with my big bend with cloth seats perfectly. I have canvas seat covers on my seats, so I didn't bother trying to switch the upholstery to match. Soooo much more comfortable!

Photo has FE leather on the driver's side in a one-click forward position and stock BB cloth non-adjustable on the passenger side.

Part # M2DZ-78611A08-CT

IMG_4984.jpg

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why would you want your head rest
adjusted forward like that.

it’s suppose to keep you from getting whiplash in an accident not causing severing your spinal column at
Sponsored