Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a question for those that are much smarter than myself.....Will it be possible to pull the Mid Package dash interface and heated seats from a Bronco in the junk yard and make it work in a Non-Mid Packaged Bronco?

I know there have been lots of owners digging thru electrical systems, so hoping that may be an option later down the line. I am price protected for a base package interior and missed the boat on upgrading before the price increase.....So bad on me, but I have a friend that runs a junk yard, so hoping that something like this may be a viable option....Who knows, maybe even pull parts for a High Package šŸ˜³
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a question for those that are much smarter than myself.....Will it be possible to pull the Mid Package dash interface and heated seats from a Bronco in the junk yard and make it work in a Non-Mid Packaged Bronco?

I know there have been lots of owners digging thru electrical systems, so hoping that may be an option later down the line. I am price protected for a base package interior and missed the boat on upgrading before the price increase.....So bad on me, but I have a friend that runs a junk yard, so hoping that something like this may be a viable option....Who knows, maybe even pull parts for a High Package šŸ˜³
Owners of Broncos near the Buffalo area with the High Package please post your address and we will send you a special gift!

Att. Ford

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck with the price protection hit, add the package you want to your Bronco before it's built. That extra $30 a month in financing is better then piecing all this together in my opinion. Plus the fact it'll likely be years before you get the opportunity to pull stuff from a junkyard.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If all you want out of the mid package is heated seats you can get them installed aftermarket. The switch wonā€™t be integrated like the factory ones but would be much easier and cheaper to go aftermarket.
Otherwise, yes it should be possible to swap parts from another truck, but youā€™ll most likely need to go through Forscan to make it work. And thatā€™s assuming the wiring harnesses going to the seats are the same between standard package and mid

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Itā€™d be a massive pain to buy the parts (dash fascia, buttons, heat coils, etc) and then add after the fact. Itā€™d be cheaper to get katzkins and add the heated option. Plus youā€™d get leather, as opposed to cloth from the factory. IIRC there was a thread about someone who added katz heated and it was like $2200, donā€™t quote me though.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™d be a massive pain to buy the parts (dash fascia, buttons, heat coils, etc) and then add after the fact. Itā€™d be cheaper to get katzkins and add the heated option. Plus youā€™d get leather, as opposed to cloth from the factory. IIRC there was a thread about someone who added katz heated and it was like $2200, donā€™t quote me though.
Yeah, I was following that thread also......My thought is that sooner or later I may be able to score some Wildtrak seats, which I really like the camo material :D

If I go the Katzkin route, then I am going to go all in and get the cooled seats as well šŸ˜‚
Sponsored