Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The side rear window. It's held on with 3 clips at the top and then Velcro.

PXL_20220401_131914858.jpg

PXL_20220401_131909522.jpg
This part is a problem right now and we are trying to get an explanation from Ford why the part we ordered wasn't what we got. Not making excuses for the lack of coms, just saying this particular part has some issues and it's in Ford's court now.

@Ford Motor Company You're welcome. Feel free to run stuff like they by me in the future. I know you don't have access to my side of things so I might be able to help you help customers get to the right people or at least provide some input. Won't even charge you/Ford for my time. :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This part is a problem right now and we are trying to get an explanation from Ford why the part we ordered wasn't what we got. Not making excuses for the lack of coms, just saying this particular part has some issues and it's in Ford's court now.

@Ford Motor Company You're welcome. Feel free to run stuff like they by me in the future. I know you don't have access to my side of things so I might be able to help you help customers get to the right people or at least provide some input. Won't even charge you/Ford for my time. :D
Thanks. Like I said I'm not trying to blast the dealer I get that this stuff happens. I feel I've been pretty patient. I just want to know what's going on.

Jim

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The side rear window. It's held on with 3 clips at the top and then Velcro.

PXL_20220401_131914858.jpg

PXL_20220401_131909522.jpg
Interesting on the top ones now thinking if I can remove and raise them 3/8” to help the window look better.
Ford Bronco Minor problems not being addressed by Ford - 8 months no response 42AA7BA8-16A7-4D38-9613-5B04C750872F

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I'm curious if this clip is PIA to the released roof assembly by Webasto. PIAs, referred to in the business is a "part-in-assembly" or "purchased-in-assembly" is a non-serviceable part, nor a corporate standard fastener. it's not tracked as a separate released part, and thus can usually only be obtained through the purchase of the roof system as a service part.

SOMETIMES, PIA parts are re-released on the side as a service part, and will be identical to the one on the released roof to the plant, just obtainable in service.

I really would like to know what the status of these clip parts are....

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious if this clip is PIA to the released roof assembly by Webasto. PIAs, referred to in the business is a "part-in-assembly" or "purchased-in-assembly" is a non-serviceable part, nor a corporate standard fastener. it's not tracked as a separate released part, and thus can usually only be obtained through the purchase of the roof system as a service part.

SOMETIMES, PIA parts are re-released on the side as a service part, and will be identical to the one on the released roof to the plant, just obtainable in service.

I really would like to know what the status of these clip parts are....
The clips are sold separately but the number was supposed to supersede to from a -B suffix to a -A suffix. I've never seen them go backwards when changing but they did. We ordered the "male" side but got the socket. This means a couple things. They mispackaged the part or the catalogue and DOW are both incorrect. Either way, we opened a case with them and sent pictures and in typical Ford lightning fast response, have now been waiting 3+ weeks for them to reply.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Credit to @Ford Motor Company. Great communication and the dealer called me today and I have an appointment Thursday to hopefully have this fixed. They called me after to make sure I knew the dealer would be calling (dealer called just before Ford did lol) Thank you.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Credit to @Ford Motor Company. Great communication and the dealer called me today and I have an appointment Thursday to hopefully have this fixed. They called me after to make sure I knew the dealer would be calling (dealer called just before Ford did lol) Thank you.
Was this issue ever resolved? Please post an update, either way. Thanks.

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. @Ford Motor Company called the dealer who called me immediately... Then it sat for a few weeks. I stopped by again and always get the same thing. We submitted it and we're waiting on parts.

Happy anniversary to me! I took delivery of my Bronco Aug 6, 2021.

Aug 7th I told Ford about the problems.

1 year later..... I think I've been pretty patient lol

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm an interior trim engineer and have a decent understanding of some of these things.

Curious to know how this turns out, because I have a soft top as well,
Then as an I terror trim.engineer have you come up with a way to lower the raised section of side windows so that the bottom is in a straight line front to back which will eliminate the window wave?

I have yet to even remove mine once and just can't imagine it has to be a half inch higher than the front 3 inches all due to lifting the rear hatch. A better design would have been a ridged attachment at roof and flexible at body.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Then as an I terror trim.engineer have you come up with a way to lower the raised section of side windows so that the bottom is in a straight line front to back which will eliminate the window wave?

I have yet to even remove mine once and just can't imagine it has to be a half inch higher than the front 3 inches all due to lifting the rear hatch. A better design would have been a ridged attachment at roof and flexible at body.
If I had to guess, that system design was created by the FSS for the roof, Webasto and not Ford. It would be the Webasto engineers that could answer that question

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Group tried steal my Bronco today. I had it parked in the street so my kids could have their garage/lemonade sale in the driveway. 20 feet from my daughter, car pulled up, guy jumped out and into my Bronco but couldn't start it, I had the keys. Jumped back in their stolen Mercedes C Class and sped off at 100. I was in the driveway.

Either it was a theft attempt or Ford was trying to get it into the shop after reading this post to get my issues fixed.

I wonder if it's stolen if the thieves would get the repairs done faster than I've been able to?
Sponsored