Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Missing Bolts for my Hardtop? IMG_0933

So on Saturday I had the front panels off of my two door. That metal piece, especially on the passenger side was banging around like crazy driving 50-80 mph. There is almost like paint or plastic that I poked through to reveal what looks like threads. It is hard to tell.

Now in the hardtop removal instructions, you do not remove any bolts there, so I feel like the answer is no, there are not supposed to be bolts there. But ok... what about the bracket banging around like crazy?

Does anyone else have this issue with that bracket/ the top buffeting like crazy in the wind?
Sponsored

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do you have a 2dr? I have a 4dr and I have one bolt on top of each side. I find the noise from my top comes from the strip in the middle of the two front panels. The rear piece of the middle rubber strip will pop up sometimes and will whistle like high hell. If I shove it back down it goes away.

OP
OP
Aonarch

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have a 2dr? I have a 4dr and I have one bolt on top of each side. I find the noise from my top comes from the strip in the middle of the two front panels. The rear piece of the middle rubber strip will pop up sometimes and will whistle like high hell. If I shove it back down it goes away.
Yes two door.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMG_0933.jpg

So on Saturday I had the front panels off of my two door. That metal piece, especially on the passenger side was banging around like crazy driving 50-80 mph. There is almost like paint or plastic that I poked through to reveal what looks like threads. It is hard to tell.

Now in the hardtop removal instructions, you do not remove any bolts there, so I feel like the answer is no, there are not supposed to be bolts there. But ok... what about the bracket banging around like crazy?

Does anyone else have this issue with that bracket/ the top buffeting like crazy in the wind?
My 2023 2-door has a bolt there, securing the metal bracket down. It does have some black plastic or whatever as you saw, but the bolt was poked through it and threaded down. The bolt is same as the bolts holding down the lower hardtop flange to the body, but maybe 1/4 inch or so longer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aonarch

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2023 2-door has a bolt there, securing the metal bracket down. It does have some black plastic or whatever as you saw, but the bolt was poked through it and threaded down.
Is it on both sides or just the passenger?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it on both sides or just the passenger?
Both sides - driver and passenger side each have one bolt. It helps hold down the rear clamshell, by securing that metal bracket to the roll cage. Without those bolts, yeah I could see that metal bracket banging. I feel like the factory made a mistake and did not include those for you.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a video showing a 2-door hardtop removal, at the point where the guy is removing that bolt:
Ford Bronco Missing Bolts for my Hardtop? 1698100032612

OP
OP
Aonarch

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's a video showing a 2-door hardtop removal, at the point where the guy is removing that bolt:
Ford Bronco Missing Bolts for my Hardtop? 1698100032612

Weird. I watched a video on Bronco Nation that did not have the bolt.

I wonder if this was a production change, or a more common issue.

Mine is a June 2023 build though….

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Order some rockworkx and be done with it. It’s a total of 10 bolts. I can have my top on or off in 20 mins or less and not have to break out a tool.

MidnightSpecial

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Raptor Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Been looking at Rockwerx. The Ford supplied ratchet broke after taking the top off 3 times lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aonarch

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Order some rockworkx and be done with it. It’s a total of 10 bolts. I can have my top on or off in 20 mins or less and not have to break out a tool.
Ordered.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 21 and 23 moar door MIC both had/has bolts there as well. However, I never re-installed them after removal and there was no noticeable difference in road/wind noise without them. Ran my JKU without those bolts as well.