Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought of this the other day: As modular as the Bronco is, I can just remove a scratched fender, door, hood and get it repainted. You don't have to have a "body shop" paint anymore. You remove a fender or the grill, take it to an expert painting shop, take it back, install it on your truck.

Any 4WD is going to get rock dings and chips and scratches over the years. After so many years, say 10, I'll just get the bad parts repainted. Grill has rock chips after 5 years, buy a new one, click it in place. Done...

Another tread was having people wonder/worry about rust. Again, if a fender or door rusts, replace it at home.

I just don't see why I'd need to do a "protective wrap" for $2000-$5000 when I can just accept a few rock chips and get a repaint/replacement front grill and hood every 7-10 years.
Sponsored

Last edited:

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Problem with that is matching the paint, same color will have many shades, often the body shops have to blend the paint into adjacent panels so it doesn't show the color difference. So yes, less labor as you can take it apart, but painting will likely still need the rest of the Bronco so it matches.

djteotancolis

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G80 3.8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking along the lines of buying either parts from a junked Bronco when its available or buying replacement parts and using those when going on trails etc

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the same thing... on the PPF thread someone pointed out the modularity would make it easier to wrap parts. My thought was modular makes it easier to REPLACE parts so why bother with the wrap in the first place?

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My Dad has that protective wrap on the hood of his Toyota and I hate the look of it. I'll never put that on any of my vehicles.

OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

By the time my Bronco arrives (late avail) my 2002 F-150 will be 20 years old! I've driven it ROUGH these years, lots of high speed dirt roads, driving through rivers, scratches all over the sides that I just use a good cleaning wax on once every year or so. Sits outside in the driveway since new, 110 degree Arizona sun. As is, it looks presentable, no rust, just fading oxidized paint. Pretty good paint for 2 decades.
Sponsored