First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Picked up my Bronco Tuesday of last week. I was on the interstate today running some errands. A rock bounced off the hood and hit the windshield! Not only did it chip the paint, it actually dented the metal.....right in middle of the hood. Luckily the windshield chip is barely noticeable. Stopped by Ford dealer and they can get it in the shop in a couple weeks. To most it may seem insignificant, but I am extremely anal when it comes to my vehicles.
Ford Bronco 8 days old and already damaged by rock - dent and chipped paint hood ding.JPG
Ford Bronco 8 days old and already damaged by rock - dent and chipped paint paint chip.JPG
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dang Sean, that sux. We know it will eventually happen, but it's way to soon for your Bronco. Also, check with your insurance. You may have the coverage to take care of the damage.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dang Sean, that sux. We know it will eventually happen, but it's way to soon for your Bronco. Also, check with your insurance. You may have the coverage to take care of the damage.
Ford dealer gave me an estimate of $450 to remove hood, repair ding, paint the chip and blend into hood, and clearcoat entire hood. I think my insurance deductible is $500

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer. I got a new mountain bike and the 1st ride a rock flew up and hit my frame and then the 3 ride I crashed and laid the bike over some rocks. All cosmetic damage but now I’m over it. I’m sure once I get my new bronco the honey moon won’t last long before something happens.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford dealer gave me an estimate of $450 to remove hood, repair ding, paint the chip and blend into hood, and clearcoat entire hood. I think my insurance deductible is $500

Yep, that would be my luck also.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very useful thread. Im glad you created this safe space to express your feelings and share your concerns. I wish you a speedy recovery from what was undoubtedly a horrific experience. You're safe now.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And this is why I'm PPFing and Ceramic Coating the SECOND I drive off the lot.

It'd bother the hell out of me too, my man. It's okay to love your things and want to keep them nice.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
did they tell you how theyre fixing the ding?

Sponsored
OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've promised myself that I will be utterly furious about the first dent/scratch/ping that I get, and then not give a shit about the rest after that. It's a truck, after all.
I don't disagree with your thought process.....but dang.....right in middle of hood!

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hood is pretty flat. Based on that damage I'm guessing $500 or so to repair.

That's the bright side I suppose.

See what your deductible is. Although even if it's only $100 the difference in repairing oop won't be worth possible premium increase for filing a claim.