First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This past Saturday I pick up my 4 Door Badlands after waiting 11 months. I surveyed the vehicle before taking delivery. That evening my wife notices a Scratch and Dent on the Passenger Door Jam. It seemed someone dropped something heavy on it.

I called my rep and texted him the pics. He simply says it was not there as the kept the truck indoors the entire time they had it (5 days).

I regret not looking inside the door jams, but there are only so much you can look for when taking delivery.
85721004-20F2-4E1D-A92A-D4FF1D9499D3.jpeg
EE294B87-F8E4-457C-BE22-F378D9B8FAC5.jpeg

Do I have any argument with Ford or the dealership about this issue? It does not seem the dent is worth fixing, but perhaps to at least touch up the scratch.
Was the door perhaps dropped on the sill during removal/install? Might want to check the bottoms of the doors for any damage as well.
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This past Saturday I pick up my 4 Door Badlands after waiting 11 months. I surveyed the vehicle before taking delivery. That evening my wife notices a Scratch and Dent on the Passenger Door Jam. It seemed someone dropped something heavy on it.

I called my rep and texted him the pics. He simply says it was not there as the kept the truck indoors the entire time they had it (5 days).

I regret not looking inside the door jams, but there are only so much you can look for when taking delivery.
85721004-20F2-4E1D-A92A-D4FF1D9499D3.jpeg
EE294B87-F8E4-457C-BE22-F378D9B8FAC5.jpeg

Do I have any argument with Ford or the dealership about this issue? It does not seem the dent is worth fixing, but perhaps to at least touch up the scratch.
Problem is is that you signed off on the delivery. If it's a good dealer, they'll push Ford to repair it or repair it themselves. Did you get Scratch, Dent, and Windshield Care or TripleCare from Ford ESP? If so that covers scratches.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Scratch and Dent noticed after picked up IMG_3093

Put them on the first day

From Fast Intentions

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those are nice, but do they come any cheaper? We love cheap Chinese goods!
All you are paying for at $29.99 is the "free shipping" think about it the other way, you are paying modest shipping and handling but the product is free. Can't get less expensive than free unless they send you a check

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Probably better to promote a forum sponsor @Fast Intentions Inc. was great to deal with on my sill guards. Now if only Ford would hurry up and build my Bronco. :rolleyes:
those are what I got for my bronco but they are 50 bucks you can get same thing on amazon for 20

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put these on mine.

Ford Bronco Scratch and Dent noticed after picked up 20220212_110709

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually thought that he would request to at least look at it after I tipped him $100 after taking delivery hours earlier. Bastard!
Why did you tip your dealer? Mine did very little other than entering my order in the computer and the pdi when it arrived. They make plenty from that.

OP
OP

Juice Simpson

Badlands
First Name
OJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why did you tip your dealer? Mine did very little other than entering my order in the computer and the pdi when it arrived. They make plenty from that.
The dealer did not like it that I paid cash and did not finance. Based on their reaction, and amount of managers that tried to persuade me to finance, it seemed he was counting on the extra commission.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do your doors close properly? I had an issue with one of mine that needed adjusting, as it was slightly scratching the door jamb, in the corner. The Ford dealership (which owns a bodyshop too) adjusted the door and fixed the damage, all under warranty. Worth checking into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat
OP
OP

Juice Simpson

Badlands
First Name
OJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do your doors close properly? I had an issue with one of mine that needed adjusting, as it was slightly scratching the door jamb, in the corner. The Ford dealership (which owns a bodyshop too) adjusted the door and fixed the damage, all under warranty. Work checking into it.
Great point! I will need to confirm that.

Thank You...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great point! I will need to confirm that.

Thank You...
No problem. I'd inspect the bottom of the door/weather stripping and see if there's something obvious.

I only figured out my issue when I saw the paint chipped on my door jamb and went to touch it up myself. Came back a few days later and noticed it was scratched again - Looked at the corner of my door, and saw the same thing and I put 2 + 2 together. It's something other folks on here have had issues with as well. Thankfully it was an easy fix and the dealership was great.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the passenger closed the door on the belt buckle to me.
Sponsored