Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Called insurance yesterday and got the runaround. Agent refers to claims, claims refers to customer service, back to claims, etc . Bottom line, they can't tell me what my deductible will be until I file a claim. But assuming they classify under comprehensive, my deductible will be $100. Caliber Collision is their preferred repair shop. I think I'm going to try and stop by one of the shops and see if they are willing to take a look. I figured the tricoat was going to be a problem.
If the Caliber shops in your area are like the ones here, find a different shop. By law you do not have to use the insurance company's preferred shop. Take it to any shop you like. It should be a comp claim since it happened in the parking lot while unoccupied.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Caliber shops in your area are like the ones here, find a different shop. By law you do not have to use the insurance company's preferred shop. Take it to any shop you like. It should be a comp claim since it happened in the parking lot while unoccupied.
I am concerned about finding reputable shop. They all seem to have just a handful of good reviews, probably fake. No clue how to go about finding a good shop.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Called insurance yesterday and got the runaround. Agent refers to claims, claims refers to customer service, back to claims, etc . Bottom line, they can't tell me what my deductible will be until I file a claim. But assuming they classify under comprehensive, my deductible will be $100. Caliber Collision is their preferred repair shop. I think I'm going to try and stop by one of the shops and see if they are willing to take a look. I figured the tricoat was going to be a problem.
Pretty sad. There is no collision involved so should be comprehensive unless they try and blame you for hitting something.

Any word of mouth in your area on who is good? People you work with?

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For $100, under comprehensive so it doesn't affect your rate, it's a no brainer.

Sponsored

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mobile dent guy could make it look decent for probably about $500. Then you could put a deflector on after. If you take to a body shop Iā€™m sure it will be over $1500, but it will look new. Deflector is a wise choice no matter what route you take, it will prevent future rock chips to that leading edge. I can only imagine the drop in your stomach when you first saw it, horrible feeling. Unfortunate šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¢

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For $100, under comprehensive so it doesn't affect your rate, it's a no brainer.
Well the concern at this point is I don't want the whole hood replaced with some Chinese junk, or poorly repainted where it would peel or whatever down the road. I'd rather cover it up and keep the OEM hood/paint. If they can keep the repair/blending localized then I'd like to do that.

my problem with the deflector is how shitty it will look after a few years of UV.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my problem with the deflector is how shitty it will look after a few years of UV.
Will match the fender flares. Basically the same color and texture.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well the concern at this point is I don't want the whole hood replaced with some Chinese junk, or poorly repainted where it would peel or whatever down the road. I'd rather cover it up and keep the OEM hood/paint. If they can keep the repair/blending localized then I'd like to do that.

Got it. If you really donā€™t think you can find reputable shop, thatā€™s a consideration. But there isnā€™t one anywhere around you?

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™ve had consistently good luck fixing and painting after accidents. (We get rear ended a lot, sigh)

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it. If you really donā€™t think you can find reputable shop, thatā€™s a consideration. But there isnā€™t one anywhere around you?

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™ve had consistently good luck fixing and painting after accidents. (We get rear ended a lot, sigh)
I'm going to start asking around a bit. I live a pretty isolated life, so don't have a lot of people to get a referral from. I've got a dealer visit scheduled next month for the driveshaft boot, so I might have them take a look too.

Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you are going to paint it, paint it now. Donā€™t wait until after you decide to remove the rock deflector.
And always, and I mean always tell the insurance that something flew off a car in front of you. Never say it was laying in the road or you donā€™t know how it happened.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which one did you get?
SKU: VHL3Z19G490K

DASHCAM WITH REAR FACING CAMERA BUNDLE

Fred's Garage on YouTube has 2 great install videos. Price is $309 but found it on eBay for less than $200. Bundle is nice comes with front and back cameras, wire and power plug cord. Easy install.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am concerned about finding reputable shop. They all seem to have just a handful of good reviews, probably fake. No clue how to go about finding a good shop.
Search for shops that do restorations and custom work. Stop in to a general repair shop and ask them for leads. Do any of the high end car dealers (Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, etc) have body shops? Your repair is a simple fix. The paint is going to be the challenge. It's not an easy color to blend/match.
Sponsored