First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up a hell of a ding in a parking lot. Took it by the best dent repair place in the city. He worked on if for 2 hours, but couldn't get access to the back of the panel. Ford has bonded a metal plate to the outer door skin apparently. Dents are going to be difficult if not impossible to repair on these apparently.

409D73A4-F274-413B-9F7F-AA62CCCC8E02.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the same thing, thankfully it didn't, the white mark buffed right out.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the same thing, thankfully it didn't, the white mark buffed right out.
Battle scars, fix that one, another appears.
I wonder how my new one will look in 54 years. Probably not as good as my 69.
Sorry about your bad luck bro.

side trim 1-14-22.jpg

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Battle scars, fix that one, another appears.
I wonder how my new one will look in 54 years. Probably not as good as my 69.
Sorry about your bad luck bro.

Ford Bronco Unable To Repair Dent side trim 1-14-22
I'd like the battle scars to at least occur on trail, not daily driving it. Oh well. That is a sweet '69 Bronco, love it.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hard to tell because of the reflection, but that's an odd parking lot ding. Doesn't look like it's from a door. Almost looks like someone hit it with a ballpeen hammer or pointed object on purpose.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I caught the top corner of a door from a low car. At certain angles it isn't completely round, there is a little elongation to it.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get some sliders and almost all door dings will go away. Plus your sliders will put a nice dent in their door edge when they do stupid stuff. I always laugh when I see new paint on my sliders.

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get some sliders and almost all door dings will go away. Plus your sliders will put a nice dent in their door edge when they do stupid stuff. I always laugh when I see new paint on my sliders.
this is true except for four door cars, where kids get out unfortunatley. The door cutout on the rears perfectly matches the steps/sliders on most trucks and SUV's allowing them to hit. Ask me and my truck how I know. :mad:

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just had some PDR work completed on my passenger side front door "deer ran in to me". My PDR guy did a hell of a job. He did say it was a task and took him about 5-6 hours to get access and slick it out completely. He didn't mention any bonding or things that prevented him from making the repair....

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get some sliders and almost all door dings will go away. Plus your sliders will put a nice dent in their door when they do stupid stuff. I always laugh when I see new paint on my sliders.
I just had some PDR work completed on my passenger side front door "deer ran in to me". My PDR guy did a hell of a job. He did say it was a task and took him about 5-6 hours to get access and slick it out completely. He didn't mention any bonding or things that prevented him from making the repair....
this was the rear door, so maybe that makes a difference. Or maybe it’s why it took him 5-6 hours, who knows.

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I caught the top corner of a door from a low car. At certain angles it isn't completely round, there is a little elongation to it.
It must of been one of those new Chevy Blazer owners that was severely pissed after seeing your Bronco. Dent is about the same height as the Blazer.

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My bronco was caught in a hail storm 3 days after picking it up, my PDR guy had to repair every panel except the left rear door, I think the final total was 108. He didn't mention any problems with access and he even repaired dents with no access to the back side such as the panel above the windshield. He did mention on some dents the had to glue on to them and pull them out, then work them back flat from the outside. So, maybe check around a few places, maybe you'll find someone with a different bag of tricks. Attached a pic of what got me.
Ford Bronco Unable To Repair Dent View rece

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.

OP
OP
UTultimate

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up a hell of a ding in a parking lot. Took it by the best dent repair place in the city. He worked on if for 2 hours, but couldn't get access to the back of the panel. Ford has bonded a metal plate to the outer door skin apparently. Dents are going to be difficult if not impossible to repair on these apparently.

409D73A4-F274-413B-9F7F-AA62CCCC8E02.JPG
Contacted another PDR guy that came to the house and was able to take care of it in about 45 minutes, said there wasn't any other metal on the back side of the panel that prevented him from making the repair, looks great now. Just a bit of swirl marks from the polishing he did.

IMG-2150.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: