Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why can’t auto makers use more paint on there vehicles,es as much as these vehicles cost there should be more than just a thin coat
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And this is why I'm PPFing and Ceramic Coating the SECOND I drive off the lot.

It'd bother the hell out of me too, my man. It's okay to love your things and want to keep them nice.
i'm a big advocate for PPF but the ceramic coating won't make a difference on strike that leaves a dimple.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing a mobile dent repair guy can't fix and a dab of touch up paint, congrats on your first beauty mark!

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've promised myself that I will be utterly furious about the first dent/scratch/ping that I get, and then not give a shit about the rest after that. It's a truck, after all.
Designed for off
Picked up my Bronco Tuesday of last week. I was on the interstate today running some errands. A rock bounced off the hood and hit the windshield! Not only did it chip the paint, it actually dented the metal.....right in middle of the hood. Luckily the windshield chip is barely noticeable. Stopped by Ford dealer and they can get it in the shop in a couple weeks. To most it may seem insignificant, but I am extremely anal when it comes to my vehicles.
hood ding.JPG
paint chip.JPG
wont be off-roading it very much then I would presume?

Sponsored

JMcBronco

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up my Bronco Tuesday of last week. I was on the interstate today running some errands. A rock bounced off the hood and hit the windshield! Not only did it chip the paint, it actually dented the metal.....right in middle of the hood. Luckily the windshield chip is barely noticeable. Stopped by Ford dealer and they can get it in the shop in a couple weeks. To most it may seem insignificant, but I am extremely anal when it comes to my vehicles.
hood ding.JPG
paint chip.JPG
That first ding, scratch and dent will drive me nuts too. I will even lose sleep over it. That said, I'm preparing myself for a lot of "character" for all off-roading adventures (and on-road guess). It's the same reason I got wash out floors and marine vinyl seats. Built Ford Tough. Can't wait.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hood ding.JPG
paint chip.JPG
I know exactly how you feel. Ouch!

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
hood ding.JPG
paint chip.JPG
This screams touch-up paint and not actual body work.

Sorry for your loss.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why can’t auto makers use more paint on there vehicles, as much as these vehicles cost there should be more than just a thin coat
How thick should the paint be? Asking for a friend.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford dealer gave me an estimate of $450 to remove hood, repair ding, paint the chip and blend into hood, and clearcoat entire hood. I think my insurance deductible is $500
also - if you go through insurance, that'll show up on a carfax report. Not worth it. Pay out of pocket

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford dealer gave me an estimate of $450 to remove hood, repair ding, paint the chip and blend into hood, and clearcoat entire hood. I think my insurance deductible is $500
$450 isn’t terrible, but maybe some touch up paint work make it less noticeable at least?

The first ding is always shitty. Especially in a more visible location.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How thick should the paint be? Asking for a friend.
Each company is different some do a better job a d use more than others. But let’s just say that if you were going to do a paint correction on a bronco there wouldn’t be much paint to work with when you buff cause it looks thin in pictures. Maybe it’s not as bad as I think I won’t be able to tell untill I see one up close.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I‘d be concerned with a spot repair on the hood.
Sponsored