jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would hate this as a back seat passenger. Knees rubbing up against a plastic grid. It also probably shaves off 2" of center knee room, especially when you consider that you cant push your knees through hard plastic like you could into a soft seatback.
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will be eliminating the rear seats and hopefully installing a goose creek system when available
So that is not an issue
As such
Does anyone know how much weight the Molle panels can hold?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would hate this as a back seat passenger. Knees rubbing up against a plastic grid. It also probably shaves off 2" of center knee room, especially when you consider that you cant push your knees through hard plastic like you could into a soft seatback.
If a back seat passenger is pushing their knee 2" into the back of my driver's seat, they can get out and walk!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be eliminating the rear seats and hopefully installing a goose creek system when available
So that is not an issue
As such
I haven't seen a weight limit listed for the MOLLE panels. I could be wrong, but I don't believe Ford has published that spec.

Edit: I would bet that the aftermarket will come up with some nice metal MOLLE panels to replace the stock plastic ones.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Trim has the option which is why I am asking

According to this BN video, it's 7 pounds:
(link should take you to 7:18 into the video where it mentions the limit)

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank You!

That's where I saw it!! I knew I saw it somewhere.

Unfortunately that's right at the weight of what I was thinking of putting on there, so maybe an aftermarket Metal one will increase that. If it was 10lbs I'd be golden with some weight to spare.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If a back seat passenger is pushing their knee 2" into the back of my driver's seat, they can get out and walk!
HAHA! I was thinking more like 1" less, and 2" less if you jammed your knees into the seat. But my mind is also thinking about baby seats, since the center seat cutout design is prime real estate for rear facing seats. Passenger probably loses 2" of recline with a rear baby seat behind them with the molle grid.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zip tie that Baby Carrier to the Roof Rack
🤪

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HAHA! I was thinking more like 1" less, and 2" less if you jammed your knees into the seat. But my mind is also thinking about baby seats, since the center seat cutout design is prime real estate for rear facing seats. Passenger probably loses 2" of recline with a rear baby seat behind them with the molle grid.
I believe you can simply unscrew the panels from the rear of the seats and will likely end up with as much space as the regular seats, if not more.

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having just taken my dealers demo out for 24 hours there is plenty of room front/back with kid and in my case taller wife. She had much more room than our Audi Q7. My son who is almost 5 wanted to sit in the middle because he could not see around the seat very well though.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When Ford was doing the tour earlier this year I sat in the back of a 4 Door with molle and stuff hanging from it. It was extremely uncomfortable. If you have anything hanging off of it and someone sitting in the back as soon as you hit any bump is going to move around and hit the passengers knees.

It's basically a marketing gimmick if you actually plan on having people in the back seat. If you don't have people in the back seat then I would consider using it.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just about Everyone is gonna need seat covers. The molle covers are nice if you are keeping the weight down. I really like the hard panel offered by Ford. At the end of the day, Grey Man Tactical will probably get my business because I want to mount my rifles to the seat back.
Bump. This. Pics when you get it done please. I want to do the same, but wanted to use a gun scabbard.

JTB Montreal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey All, Does anyone have a pic of their MOLLE seat-back on the Badlands? I understand it is std w the marine grade n was wondering the measurements for buying packs...

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All, Does anyone have a pic of their MOLLE seat-back on the Badlands? I understand it is std w the marine grade n was wondering the measurements for buying packs...
which dimensions were you looking for? the overall? or the openings?

JTB Montreal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both, I guess. I was wondering the W x L in inches for the overall square of the openings and then checking to confirm the number of squares across x vertical vs. the online pics.
Sponsored