Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I decided to take my Bronco up to a cool area I had heard about, called Mount Woodside, where they have a popular hang gliding launch part way up the mountain. It's accessible by a (poorly maintained) FSR, but I decided to give it a go. I've had my Bronco for approximately 2 years now, however I am still new to off-roading and considering I was alone, didn't want to get into any situations I would regret.

The mountain is pretty steep, and it is full of switchbacks the entire way up to the hang gliding launch.

Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 12.46.20 PM

As I entered the FSR, I was greeted with a steep incline and lots of mud - It has rained a lot here lately, so I was kind of expecting this. As Radioactive Man would say "Up and atom!" Thankfully the Bronco handled it exactly as I expected, and simply using 4A, it handled it amazingly. Up the mountain I went, without seeing a single person or vehicle the entire way to the hang gliding launch.

As I got 3/4 of the way up, I accidentally made a wrong turn, quickly realizing I had no way to turn around and was forced to back down about 100 metres or so of the steep and very narrow incline, around a corner, and through a deeper-than-expected pile of dirt/mud with a big rut in it. I ended up getting stuck for the first time in my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) 20210731_112932

I threw it into 4H, and still no luck. I decided to blow the dust off my rear lockers button, which I've never used, and alas, I was out! My situation wasn't over yet though, as I had to do a 3-point turn on this steep incline, with very little room. Got through it though, and I continued on my way.

As I approached the launch area, I had the steepest climb yet - It was so steep, as I got to the peak I wasn't sure if there was a road in front of me - Flick on the front camera, and ensured I was still on the right path 😁 I had reached my destination!

I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked to, as a) I am terrified of heights and b) it was extremely windy. The view was phenomenal though, and definitely worth the drive up there.

Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 12.38.24 PM

The drive back down the mountain was less eventful, since I knew where I was going this time. I did stop for a few more pictures, and ended up seeing a pick-up truck and three side-by-sides heading up the mountain this time.

All-in-all, it was a great trip. Nothing too crazy, but for someone who's still fairly new to off-roading, it was the perfect challenge for me. I had all the appropriate recovery gear if I needed it, and ensured someone knew where I was going - Just in case!

Now I'll shut up, and post some Bronco pictures, which is why you're all likely reading this thread :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) IMG_4230

Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) IMG_4232

Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) IMG_4239

Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) IMG_4240

Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) IMG_4241

Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) IMG_4243

Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) IMG_4244
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang it - no. I assume that’s further up the mountain? Looks cool!
Yeah, you keep going a ways past the glider launch. When we went (the day I took this picture) there wasn’t much of a view from the glider launch since we were basically in a cloud. You can also get to the other side of the mountain and get some pretty nice views of Harrison lake.
Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) IMG_3583

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, you keep going a ways past the glider launch. When we went (the day I took this picture) there wasn’t much of a view from the glider launch since we were basically in a cloud. You can also get to the other side of the mountain and get some pretty nice views of Harrison lake.
Ford Bronco Mount Woodside Hang Gliding Launch (Harrison Mills, British Columbia) IMG_3583
Thanks! I’ll have to check that out next time. Thankfully the view from the launch was great yesterday.

I didn’t want to venture too far out on my own, but I also didn’t look into anything past the launch either. Looks like it’s well worth the drive!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I decided to take my Bronco up to a cool area I had heard about, called Mount Woodside, where they have a popular hang gliding launch part way up the mountain. It's accessible by a (poorly maintained) FSR, but I decided to give it a go. I've had my Bronco for approximately 2 years now, however I am still new to off-roading and considering I was alone, didn't want to get into any situations I would regret.

The mountain is pretty steep, and it is full of switchbacks the entire way up to the hang gliding launch.

As I entered the FSR, I was greeted with a steep incline and lots of mud - It has rained a lot here lately, so I was kind of expecting this. As Radioactive Man would say "Up and atom!" Thankfully the Bronco handled it exactly as I expected, and simply using 4A, it handled it amazingly. Up the mountain I went, without seeing a single person or vehicle the entire way to the hang gliding launch.

As I got 3/4 of the way up, I accidentally made a wrong turn, quickly realizing I had no way to turn around and was forced to back down about 100 metres or so of the steep and very narrow incline, around a corner, and through a deeper-than-expected pile of dirt/mud with a big rut in it. I ended up getting stuck for the first time in my Bronco.

I threw it into 4H, and still no luck. I decided to blow the dust off my rear lockers button, which I've never used, and alas, I was out! My situation wasn't over yet though, as I had to do a 3-point turn on this steep incline, with very little room. Got through it though, and I continued on my way.

As I approached the launch area, I had the steepest climb yet - It was so steep, as I got to the peak I wasn't sure if there was a road in front of me - Flick on the front camera, and ensured I was still on the right path 😁 I had reached my destination!

I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked to, as a) I am terrified of heights and b) it was extremely windy. The view was phenomenal though, and definitely worth the drive up there.

The drive back down the mountain was less eventful, since I knew where I was going this time. I did stop for a few more pictures, and ended up seeing a pick-up truck and three side-by-sides heading up the mountain this time.

All-in-all, it was a great trip. Nothing too crazy, but for someone who's still fairly new to off-roading, it was the perfect challenge for me. I had all the appropriate recovery gear if I needed it, and ensured someone knew where I was going - Just in case!

Now I'll shut up, and post some Bronco pictures, which is why you're all likely reading this thread :ROFLMAO:

Looks like it was a great time!

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talk about backing down a steep slope: I’m curious if the trail control will work in reverse?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talk about backing down a steep slope: I’m curious if the trail control will work in reverse?
Good question - I'm not sure, but I assume it would? Anyone tried it?

In my situation it would have been more of a PITA to use it than just slowly creeping backwards. I worry with TTA I would have had less control of the Bronco in the narrow trail I had.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi! Can you answer questions, like, where’s my Bronco? And why?
Thank you for your input
They can’t help you with that. Sorry.

Best to speak to your dealership/salesperson, or use the “search” feature on B6G to find the numerous threads on how to look this info up.

Sponsored

Uriel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They can’t help you with that. Sorry.

Best to speak to your dealership/salesperson, or use the “search” feature on B6G to find the numerous threads on how to look this info up.
Thank you for the heads up.
I’m fairly new on here. When I saw the Ford Motor Company I hoped for another way to get information.
Done all the other stuff already.
Happy trails👍

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the heads up.
I’m fairly new on here. When I saw the Ford Motor Company I hoped for another way to get information.
Done all the other stuff already.
Happy trails👍
No problem - Welcome to the forums!

Hope you receive your Bronco soon. Although the wait can feel endless, trust me (and many, many others here) when we say: It's all worth the wait!

Uriel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No problem - Welcome to the forums!

Hope you receive your Bronco soon. Although the wait can feel endless, trust me (and many, many others here) when we say: It's all worth the wait!
Thank you so much for the encouraging word!
Sponsored