Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using the Bronco Trail App we decide to explore Nicolai Mountain OHV just east of Astoria, Oregon. While it was mostly gravel roads there were a couple entertaining sections. There may be more 4x4 trails that we didn't take. The view was pretty nice at the top. The Bronco Trail App still need a little work and it's not always intuitive. But it shows some promise.

Sponsored

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oregon is beautiful.
Yes, but challenging trails are hard to find. Unfortunately the Bronco app only has maybe four levels, which isn't very helpful. Bennett Pass (from my last video) is rated a 3 but I certainly didn't see anything that would warrant that. Barlow Road is a 2 but you could have done the parts we were on in a Rolls.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but challenging trails are hard to find. Unfortunately the Bronco app only has maybe four levels, which isn't very helpful. Bennett Pass (from my last video) is rated a 3 but I certainly didn't see anything that would warrant that. Barlow Road is a 2 but you could have done the parts we were on in a Rolls.
Found one! OnX shows this road as a 7/10 just north of Crater Lake. But yeah, even though there are a ton of (fire?) roads, the vast majority seem to be 1/2 out of 10.

https://webmap.onxmaps.com/offroad/...42ad-a893-4c756ece51db#8.67/43.3548/-122.6879

Ford Bronco Nicolai Mountain OHV Trail 1701191895258

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I feel like the stuff we did at Browns Camp was pretty challenging, and we didn't even hit some of the higher-rated trails that day, like FireBreak 5 or Hoodraiser. Might be worth a return trip. I probably ought to add some skid plates first, though. And maybe that lift I keep thinking about...😁

But you're right - mostly there seems to be forest service roads that reach a handful of places with short trails/sections that are a halfway decent test of the Bronco. At least within a short-ish drive of the Portland Metro Area, anyway.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like the stuff we did at Browns Camp was pretty challenging, and we didn't even hit some of the higher-rated trails that day, like FireBreak 5 or Hoodraiser. Might be worth a return trip. I probably ought to add some skid plates first, though. And maybe that lift I keep thinking about...😁

But you're right - mostly there seems to be forest service roads that reach a handful of places with short trails/sections that are a halfway decent test of the Bronco. At least within a short-ish drive of the Portland Metro Area, anyway.
I'm ready for Firebreak 5, but not in the mud or snow.
Sponsored