Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the Nomadic 270 awning (driver side) and just got 2 Trailrax Modular Roof Rack 90 brackets and 1 270 degree awning bracket (driver side) and am looking for someone who has done this install already to answer a few questions or can provide pictures of how they mounted the brackets to the TRMR rack.

I am unsure which extrusions are best to place the 3 brackets for ideal support and also no clue how the 270 mount attaches to the roof rack and awning. Any help would be appreciated, as Trailrax has no instructions or install videos for these products!

-Cheers
Sponsored

galeano

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crickets on this huh? Did you figure it out? Iā€™m wondering the same thing.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crickets on this huh? Did you figure it out? Iā€™m wondering the same thing.
So far what I figured out is my first step is I need to mill down the Trairax brackets a little over an inch if I want my Bronco to still fit in my garge when the brackets are mounted. Secondly, I need to widen the holes/slots after taking measurements so that the M8 bolt that comes with the OVS awning will fit in the Trailrax bracket holes.

The rest of it is pretty easy to figure out once you have the brackets in hand and play around with them on your rack it becomes easy to see how it works. The only other trouble will be the weight of this awning might require 2-3 people to put it on. 1-2 holding it up while another bolts awning to mounting brackets once they are on the rack.

rufio

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get some pictures up. Trailrax has no photos of a 270 actually mounted using their brackets. The photo on their website has the awning actually mounted to the tent.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get some pictures up. Trailrax has no photos of a 270 actually mounted using their brackets. The photo on their website has the awning actually mounted to the tent.
I know. I haven't found ANYTHING online that shows the Trailrax rack, and their brackets being combined with the OVS 270.

I just found a auto machine shop that is milling my brackets down for me today about 1.25 inch so I should be able to fit the bronco in the garage when mounted. I will post some pics on this thread by Monday once I mount the brackets on the rack. I think that part will be pretty easy, but might need a hand or two to actually mount the awning to the bracket since I think it weights like 60-70 lbs so will be a bit heavy to hold while trying to get it bolted to the brackets.

Sponsored

VinceMBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, SAS, Mic, 2.7, Lux, MR701
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Nomadic 270 awning (driver side) and just got 2 Trailrax Modular Roof Rack 90 brackets and 1 270 degree awning bracket (driver side) and am looking for someone who has done this install already to answer a few questions or can provide pictures of how they mounted the brackets to the TRMR rack.

I am unsure which extrusions are best to place the 3 brackets for ideal support and also no clue how the 270 mount attaches to the roof rack and awning. Any help would be appreciated, as Trailrax has no instructions or install videos for these products!

-Cheers
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-hooke-roof-rack-installed.74766/post-1956321

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is an install of an OVS awning with factory roof rails. I was looking for OVS 270 on a Trailrax TRMR rack, but I got mine installed on my 4 door last weekend and @ElDuderino got the LT OVS awning installed on his 2 door.

I used the 3 trailers brackets to install mine, but @ElDuderino came up with a creative way to use the OVS brackets with the Trailrax TRMR rack if anyone wants to save money.

Note: Trailrax highly suggests using their brackets if you buy a 270 awning so you use their special heavy duty 270 bracket on back rear for extra strength and support so you donā€™t break your rack with bigger, heavier awnings.

Perhaps, I will make a separate post later this month going over install with pics since nothing is on the internet yet using OVS/Trailrax combo.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is an install of an OVS awning with factory roof rails. I was looking for OVS 270 on a Trailrax TRMR rack, but I got mine installed on my 4 door last weekend and @ElDuderino got the LT OVS awning installed on his 2 door.

I used the 3 trailers brackets to install mine, but @ElDuderino came up with a creative way to use the OVS brackets with the Trailrax TRMR rack if anyone wants to save money.

Note: Trailrax highly suggests using their brackets if you buy a 270 awning so you use their special heavy duty 270 bracket on back rear for extra strength and support so you donā€™t break your rack with bigger, heavier awnings.

Perhaps, I will make a separate post later this month going over install with pics since nothing is on the internet yet using OVS/Trailrax combo.
I'll be installing mine in about two weeks. I have the TrailRax and the same brackets.

My OVS 270 LTE was damaged in shipping.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be installing mine in about two weeks. I have the TrailRax and the same brackets.

My OVS 270 LTE was damaged in shipping.
Ok. Message me when you get ready and will give you some info if I havenā€™t posted mine by then, but hopefully will have a detailed post by then and can just tag you in it.

it was quite simple install overall. Most challenging part was getting Bronco to fit in garage with awning on. I had an auto machine shop chop 1.25 in off the bracket and drill out the center slots on the 2 non-270 Trailrax brackets so it could fit the OVS awning bolt. The 270 bracket has a hole and slot that fit the bolts, so only needed the top milled down on that one.
Sponsored