Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the Nomadic 270 awning (driver side) and just got 2 Trailrax Modular Roof Rack 90 brackets and 1 270 degree awning bracket (driver side) and am looking for someone who has done this install already to answer a few questions or can provide pictures of how they mounted the brackets to the TRMR rack.

I am unsure which extrusions are best to place the 3 brackets for ideal support and also no clue how the 270 mount attaches to the roof rack and awning. Any help would be appreciated, as Trailrax has no instructions or install videos for these products!

-Cheers
Sponsored

galeano

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crickets on this huh? Did you figure it out? I’m wondering the same thing.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crickets on this huh? Did you figure it out? I’m wondering the same thing.
So far what I figured out is my first step is I need to mill down the Trairax brackets a little over an inch if I want my Bronco to still fit in my garge when the brackets are mounted. Secondly, I need to widen the holes/slots after taking measurements so that the M8 bolt that comes with the OVS awning will fit in the Trailrax bracket holes.

The rest of it is pretty easy to figure out once you have the brackets in hand and play around with them on your rack it becomes easy to see how it works. The only other trouble will be the weight of this awning might require 2-3 people to put it on. 1-2 holding it up while another bolts awning to mounting brackets once they are on the rack.
Sponsored