Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Limited, 2022 Bronco OBX Cyber Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just posting this to vent my frustration with MRT Performance. I ordered their hood struts for my Bronco a few days ago. Not knowing that the hood struts might not be compatible with my adv ram air hood. While browsing after my order I see that most struts won't work with aftermarket hoods. So I put in a request to cancel my order and about 10 minutes later I receive a call from MRT Performance. They asked why I was cancelling and I stated what i posted above. They said oh we know someone in the michigan area that has installed this on his aftermarket hood and that it will work. I said ok great then go ahead and send it to me. A few days later I receive my package and start the install. First step showed installing the brackets onto the existing hood bolts. Driver side went on fine. I then go to the passenger side and the holes weren't machined big enough to fit over the hood bolts. I said no big deal I can get around this by using my drill press to make the holes another size bigger. I then installed them. Everything is going fine. I then go to install the lower portion that installs on bolts that are inside the fenders. While looking down into the fender I realize that it will not work in this location due to having the Icon CDEV IIC control box mounted to this bracket taking up space where the strut should install. Contact customer service back and rather sending me a return shipping label, they tell me I'm pretty much shit out of luck because I drilled holes 1 step bigger in the bracket. They won't accept the return and are telling me to sell it out right. Sorry this was long winded but if you happen to need hood struts, I would definitely avoid MRT Performance at all costs.
Sponsored