Sponsored

Multiple Issues w/ Known Problems - Window Buckles Broken, Soft Top Issues - Dealership Slow to Address

First Name
Adrienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Purchased a Big Bend Sasquatch from Ford dealership 3-1/2 weeks ago. It was used with 1000 miles. The day after I drove it home I noticed the rear window flapping and saw that most of the clips were broken. Called dealership and they weren’t aware of it being a problem. After being in this forum I sent them the TSB and they ordered the rivets to repair. Car went in for repair at their accessory shop, all good. Also discovered that I had a terrible window rattle when front driver and passenger windows were down about 1-3” when on bumpy roads. Again, dealer wasn’t aware of any issues so once again sent them the SSM I discovered on this forum and they scheduled me for adjustment the following week. Fast forward a week to what happened next.

First time the soft top was taken all the way to back position was the day before I was scheduled for window adjustment 2-1/2 weeks after purchase as it has been raining non-stop. Realized that the buckles on both sides for rear side windows were either broken or missing. Seems odd that since the windows had to be removed by the accessory shop to repair the broken clips they didn’t notice this, or perhaps caused it. I also discovered the paint damage to the roll bar (sport tube) from the soft top being put all the way back the day I was able to remove the soft top for first time. As I was going in for the window rattle, I discussed with the service guy who helped me that morning. I told him the issues. He said he would have to look into it.

Meanwhile the tech takes it for a drive to replicate the rattle and they come back saying it’s not rattling and wanted to send me home. Luckily I videoed the rattle and showed him, then they performed the adjustment - rattle is somewhat better but not great at all and window now squeals when opening.
Once they finish adjustment they ask me to remove the windows and soft top (they didn’t know how - insert face palm here) so they could take pictures of the broken buckles and paint scrapes on sport tube. They take the pics and then tell me they will call me. Haven’t heard anything yet though it’s only been a week. I also did some research on the buckle issue and the paint issue on the roll bar and saw the related TSB’s and SSM’s. I called them a few mins after leaving the dealership and provided them the numbers and he simply said okay.

I love this truck, and totally get that there will be issues with the new builds, but in 3 weeks I have discovered 4 separate issues and it seems that I am now deemed a pest as I haven’t heard anything back and I do feel bad that I have to keep calling. Maybe it’s because I bought it with 1000 miles and they are considering it used, but believe me, they made some money off the deal with their markup.
The broken buckles are casing significant window sag which causes the seal on the rear side windows to disengage while driving on occasion. My frustration is simply with the lack of updates and the fact that the dealership is over an hour away. The local ones won’t touch me or offer me service as I didn’t buy it at their dealership - I was literally told that i would have to wait months to get in. Anyone else encountering multiple issues and feeling like they are not being taken care of by their dealership?

Edit to add: window sucks in every time I drive it now and causes the deal on rear of window to disengage. This is a major problem and no word from dealership.
Ford Bronco Multiple Issues w/ Known Problems - Window Buckles Broken, Soft Top Issues - Dealership Slow to Address 5E68D0A0-8147-4A97-9AAD-CC20860FE004

Ford Bronco Multiple Issues w/ Known Problems - Window Buckles Broken, Soft Top Issues - Dealership Slow to Address C9D16999-2203-420C-8190-7569C6A0E854

Ford Bronco Multiple Issues w/ Known Problems - Window Buckles Broken, Soft Top Issues - Dealership Slow to Address FE5E9AB2-700E-4030-B928-6A99ADF282DB
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Purchased a Big Bend Sasquatch from Ford dealership 3-1/2 weeks ago. It was used with 1000 miles. The day after I drove it home I noticed the rear window flapping and saw that most of the clips were broken. Called dealership and they weren’t aware of it being a problem. After being in this forum I sent them the TSB and they ordered the rivets to repair. Car went in for repair at their accessory shop, all good. Also discovered that I had a terrible window rattle when front driver and passenger windows were down about 1-3” when on bumpy roads. Again, dealer wasn’t aware of any issues so once again sent them the SSM I discovered on this forum and they scheduled me for adjustment the following week. Fast forward a week to what happened next.

First time the soft top was taken all the way to back position was the day before I was scheduled for window adjustment 2-1/2 weeks after purchase as it has been raining non-stop. Realized that the buckles on both sides for rear side windows were either broken or missing. Seems odd that since the windows had to be removed by the accessory shop to repair the broken clips they didn’t notice this, or perhaps caused it. I also discovered the paint damage to the roll bar (sport tube) from the soft top being put all the way back the day I was able to remove the soft top for first time. As I was going in for the window rattle, I discussed with the service guy who helped me that morning. I told him the issues. He said he would have to look into it.

Meanwhile the tech takes it for a drive to replicate the rattle and they come back saying it’s not rattling and wanted to send me home. Luckily I videoed the rattle and showed him, then they performed the adjustment - rattle is somewhat better but not great at all and window now squeals when opening.
Once they finish adjustment they ask me to remove the windows and soft top (they didn’t know how - insert face palm here) so they could take pictures of the broken buckles and paint scrapes on sport tube. They take the pics and then tell me they will call me. Haven’t heard anything yet though it’s only been a week. I also did some research on the buckle issue and the paint issue on the roll bar and saw the related TSB’s and SSM’s. I called them a few mins after leaving the dealership and provided them the numbers and he simply said okay.

I love this truck, and totally get that there will be issues with the new builds, but in 3 weeks I have discovered 4 separate issues and it seems that I am now deemed a pest as I haven’t heard anything back and I do feel bad that I have to keep calling. Maybe it’s because I bought it with 1000 miles and they are considering it used, but believe me, they made some money off the deal with their markup.
The broken buckles are casing significant window sag which causes the seal on the rear side windows to disengage while driving on occasion. My frustration is simply with the lack of updates and the fact that the dealership is over an hour away. The local ones won’t touch me or offer me service as I didn’t buy it at their dealership - I was literally told that i would have to wait months to get in. Anyone else encountering multiple issues and feeling like they are not being taken care of by their dealership?

Edit to add: window sucks in every time I drive it now and causes the deal on rear of window to disengage. This is a major problem and no word from dealership.
Ford Bronco Multiple Issues w/ Known Problems - Window Buckles Broken, Soft Top Issues - Dealership Slow to Address FE5E9AB2-700E-4030-B928-6A99ADF282DB

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Beuhler? Beuler?
First Name
Adrienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Hi, I just messaged it to you

OP
OP
Beuhler? Beuler?
First Name
Adrienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, I was told I have a case number and someone will reach out. Dealership replied to yet another message yesterday evening to say that they have been swamped and will see what they can do. Nothing today. Meanwhile, window just flaps open, cannot get frame soft top to lock in position 1, entire soft top frame misaligned - 1-1/2” gap on passenger side and frame touching sport tube on other side.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only dealer in town? Maybe another isn’t swamped and wants your business?

OP
OP
Beuhler? Beuler?
First Name
Adrienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Only dealer in town? Maybe another isn’t swamped and wants your business?
No, that one is actually out of town - an hour away. I called 3 local and they all told me since it wasn’t bought there it would be 2-3 months before they could get me in.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, that one is actually out of town - an hour away. I called 3 local and they all told me since it wasn’t bought there it would be 2-3 months before they could get me in.
Sorry to hear. We have 25 or more dealers within an hour.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Full disclosure....The first TSB repair we did for the broken rear window clips was on one of our own vehicles. After it was finished the results are exactly like the issue you're having. If the measurement isn't perfect, not close, I mean dead freaking on, the result will be the side windows not latching correctly in the back. Only true remedy is full replacement, redoing the TSB isn't going to work since it's essentially a destructive process which you only get one shot at.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Full disclosure....The first TSB repair we did for the broken rear window clips was on one of our own vehicles. After it was finished the results are exactly like the issue you're having. If the measurement isn't perfect, not close, I mean dead freaking on, the result will be the side windows not latching correctly in the back. Only true remedy is full replacement, redoing the TSB isn't going to work since it's essentially a destructive process which you only get one shot at.
@flip we are going thru this process right now. Dealer has had my wife’s Bronco all week claiming they needed a certain drill bit. Mine is scheduled to go in Monday for different issues. My idea was going to be to switch the rear windows from her to mine so they can maybe finish it while my Bronco is in there. With the measurements having to be so precise I’m thinking this is a bad idea. Any insight?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip we are going thru this process right now. Dealer has had my wife’s Bronco all week claiming they needed a certain drill bit. Mine is scheduled to go in Monday for different issues. My idea was going to be to switch the rear windows from her to mine so they can maybe finish it while my Bronco is in there. With the measurements having to be so precise I’m thinking this is a bad idea. Any insight?
Horrible repair idea by Ford to avoid for paying for the panel like they should have. The dealer will know if it's fixed when they put it back together and if not, will have to order one. The fight will then be between the dealer and Ford on who ends up paying.

The bit is 4.2mm aka 11/64" for most of the top rivets, the one for this TSB is 5mm or 13/64".

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Horrible repair idea by Ford to avoid for paying for the panel like they should have. The dealer will know if it's fixed when they put it back together and if not, will have to order one. The fight will then be between the dealer and Ford on who ends up paying.

The bit is 4.2mm aka 11/64" for most of the top rivets, the one for this TSB is 5mm or 13/64".
They got it finished up. The stitching lines up better than factory alignment. Did 6 hours on the freeway and a few hours of trail riding and everything seems secure.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @flip hope all is well…..knowing that Gorilla glue and wifey’s bag clip is NOT the answer, can you tell me what the actual replacement number is and how to order it? I see the reference to warranty but not sure what the latest is on whether or not it’s covered. 🙏

IMG_4885.jpeg

IMG_4886.jpeg

IMG_4887.jpeg

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, I just messaged it to you
Not exactly sure what the lemon law is but isnt it a certain number of issues in a certain amount of time? Or is it only if any issues exists that cannot be fixed or causes the vehicles to be in the shop for months on end?
Sponsored